The Collected Wisdom of Deadmeat

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: The Collected Wisdom of Deadmeat

Post by xl_target » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:30 pm

veeveeaar wrote:Bro this is Our collective situation in India is A) you dont get licenses B) you only get 50 rounds per year,C) you get ony one spare mag and that too for 8000/- D) Our IOF ammo cost us an average mid class diwali budget and the wrath of all (most) gun freak's wife
veeveeaar,
I am quite aware of the situation in India. However, if one doesn't see what is possible when restrictions are few, one wouldn't know how much one has to fight for. So instead of saying; "Arre Yaar, what can we do, our situation is so miserable", I would hope that readers here would be inspired to say; "I'm going to join NAGRI and we will get together to become a political force to unseat any politician who tries to pass any anti-gun laws".

As far as facing the wrath of the gun freak's wife, well.... we're all used to putting up with that.
Unfortunately, NAGRI can't help you with that problem. :)
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

For Advertising mail webmaster
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: The Collected Wisdom of Deadmeat

Post by xl_target » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:48 pm

For those .22 LR fans here is another article, this time by Oleg, about the use of .22 LR for self defense:

http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?p=13144
“Everyone knows” that rimfire ignition is less reliable than centerfire. That is certainly evident with bulk ammo. Some brands and lots may have a misfire every 20 rounds. This lack of reliability is most certainly not an issue with the higher grade cartridges. A CCI competition shooter has recently reported a million rounds fired without a single misfire. While not up to a million rounds, I’ve had zero malfunctions over tens of thousands of such defense-oriented types as CCI Mini-Mags and Velocitors, or any of the Eley-primed types.
Peter Grant, a friend who has trained many handicapped shooters, favors .22LR in very few cases, mainly when centerfire is just not an option. He said that the low cost of the ammunition and the minimal wear on the shooters allowed his trainees to hit a rolling ping-pong ball reliably after expending hundreds and even thousands of rounds in practice. Three of his students used laser sighted rimfire pistols to fight muggers, all with the same outcome...
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941