Do you carry your Handgun chambered? Why, Why not?

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.

Do you carry your Handgun chambered? Why, Why not?

Yes, I always carry A chambered handgun
63%
No, i do not carry a chambered handgun
37%

Total votes: 41

DOM
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Do you carry your Handgun chambered? Why, Why not?

Post by DOM » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:24 pm

tirpassion wrote:
i beleive Never pull out your weapon, unless you and your family are in a safe position. Just a display of gun will force the other to fire at you.
Hello DOM,
I really appreciate your wisdom again. You imagine the situation that the aggressor is also armed with a gun, hence in equal terms.

I will also be interested to know, if you do not mind to explain, why you did not shoot the 2 persons dead in spite of feeling an imminent danger to your life. Does the Penal Code of Pakistan allow it as in the Indian Penal Code?
If yes, by doing so, you could have made sure that those two criminals would never attack anyone again.

best regards
tirpassion
Thanks for your appreciation.
Why dont shoot....??? Aaahhh its a big question.

To own and using the gun is a grave responsibility.
The reason behind the gun owned by me is truly to safe my and my dear ones life from misc reasons.
I will use mine 100% in case anyone come to kidnap or if the matter of my home defence.

But didnt want to get involve nor suggest anyone to use gun in petty crimes like mobile snatching, little cash,
I mean to shoot the BG for saving the amount of just Rs. 20,000 to 30,000. And after shot the person to spend money and khajjal khuwari to save or clear my life from police station or courts.

So, better not to use pistol or shoot in petty crimes, but never leave the person without the shot in case of home defence, kidnapping, attempt to rape, child abusing.

This is what i feel the difference between bad guys and law abiding citizens.

And by the way i use inside the pant holster to carry my gun daily.

Regards.
The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose

For Advertising mail webmaster
winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:50 pm

In a self defence situation,thinking will get you killed.

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:24 am

Dom: very mature response. Bravo
You dont shoot someone for every small little thing. A lot of people could benefit from this in india.
To Excellence through Diligence.

tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirpassion » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:53 pm

Hello Xl target,
Most of us in the US learn what we call the the four basic rules of gun safety.
They are:

1. All guns are loaded, always (All guns are treated as if they are loaded, always)
2. Never let the muzzle cover anything that you are not willing to destroy.
3. Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target
4. Always make sure of your target and what is beyond it.
If you follow the four rules that I enumerated, you don't need a bunch of additional ones.
The US handgun laws enumerate 3 fundamental (basic general safety rules) and 11 additional rules of safe gun handling. The basic fundamental rules are as follows.
1. Always point the muzzle in a safe direction; never point a firearm at anyone or anything you
don't want to shoot.
2. Keep your finger off the trigger and outside the trigger guard until you are ready to shoot.
3. Keep the action open and the gun unloaded until you are ready to use it.

In your version of 4 basic rules there are 2 Fundamental basic rules out of 3, 1 additional rule out of 11 and 1 rule on the Safety of target out of 4. Are the rest understood or do not need attention? I am under the impression that the rules of gun safety are not followed meticulously in general if everybody sticks to the 4 principles only mentioned by you.

best regards
tirpassion

DOM
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by DOM » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:11 pm

Safarigent wrote:Dom: very mature response. Bravo
You dont shoot someone for every small little thing. A lot of people could benefit from this in india.

:D :D :D
The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose

DOM
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by DOM » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:41 am

just see poll and read opinions of same subject on an international canadian forum, Poll results are exactly same..

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:52 pm

One of the longest and most beautiful debates that I have read in a while. Both of you (Tirpassion and Gbm) have conducted yourself as gentlemen of your standing should.
Really wish we could have met somewhere where we could have 'wet many a nipperkin'.
I don't have a handgun but have voted will carry with one in the chamber :-).

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.