Your experiences of Self Defense in Real Life

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Your experiences of Self Defense in Real Life

Post by Skyman » Thu May 10, 2012 10:07 pm

oh, a fellow boxer.....i actually thought of the lower mandible...but settled for nose because i was like 15 then and i didn't have the knockout power,aimed to stun him.He was actually short, 5 6 or so...so my luck.

Once you learn to control adrenalin...it's beautiful man.Time slows to such a drag...you have so long to think,aim,attack with proper footwork and form.Otherwise i would have broken my hand.The great thing about bare knuckle boxing is it teaches you if you hit wrong,your hand is gone.You have to be fearless.It's easy to hit a bag, not so much a moving person with no protection or warm up.Punching walls,doors etc helps conquer the fear of getting hurt.

Well i was out on a date, and it was 7 or so.Looks like the perv went for the prettiest girl around.
I would rather hit my target gently than miss hard.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

Post by Moin. » Thu May 10, 2012 11:03 pm

Skyman wrote: Once you learn to control adrenalin...it's beautiful man.Time slows to such a drag...you have so long to think,aim,attack with proper footwork and form.Otherwise i would have broken my hand.The great thing about bare knuckle boxing is it teaches you if you hit wrong,your hand is gone.You have to be fearless.It's easy to hit a bag, not so much a moving person with no protection or warm up.Punching walls,doors etc helps conquer the fear of getting hurt.
Hi Skyman; Wow, punching walls and doors etc bare fisted. One should learn to fight like Mithunda fighting below againts a dozen Ninja's SNAKE STYLE. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Learn this and you will never have to punch, walls or doors, slow time to a drag or carry a large EDC knife ever again. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

[youtube][/youtube]

P.S: On a lighter note, hope no offence taken :mrgreen:
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Thu May 10, 2012 11:12 pm

no offence , you speak wisely.

Problem with learning the snake, tiger , monkey, crane or the other fighting styles is no training partners to refine your technique.Many ancient martial arts are an art form and are done for the purity of the form rather than bashing...example the shaolin monks...they can endure a bamboo staff to the head without breaking sweat, a feat that would leave us with fractured skulls.Yet, they rarely beat up anyone.They trained to receive blows to the head,groin etc because it was a traditional expectation.

You can look up you tube vids of shaolin monks willingly taking kicks to the groin by spectators at exhibitions.Interesting watch.

only32owner
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by only32owner » Fri May 11, 2012 3:44 am

Hi Moin,
thanks for bringing back the memories,
those were days of video, and cassettes were available for Rs 10 for rental. Must have watched this movie, my wrong never cared to learn that wonderful art form of Mithun. See the thing is that in bad times even a well known comedian like Ashrani , can turn villian , So be prepared don't think only Gulshan Grover is bad even Ashrani can be.

Regards,
PS. It is totally on lighter note and not to offend anyone including Mithun, Ashrani and Gulshan Grover .
Moin. wrote:
Skyman wrote: Once you learn to control adrenalin...it's beautiful man.Time slows to such a drag...you have so long to think,aim,attack with proper footwork and form.Otherwise i would have broken my hand.The great thing about bare knuckle boxing is it teaches you if you hit wrong,your hand is gone.You have to be fearless.It's easy to hit a bag, not so much a moving person with no protection or warm up.Punching walls,doors etc helps conquer the fear of getting hurt.
Hi Skyman; Wow, punching walls and doors etc bare fisted. One should learn to fight like Mithunda fighting below againts a dozen Ninja's SNAKE STYLE. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Learn this and you will never have to punch, walls or doors, slow time to a drag or carry a large EDC knife ever again. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

[youtube][/youtube]

P.S: On a lighter note, hope no offence taken :mrgreen:

only32owner
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by only32owner » Fri May 11, 2012 3:53 am

Skyman wrote:no offence , you speak wisely.

Problem with learning the snake, tiger , monkey, crane or the other fighting styles is no training partners to refine your technique.Many ancient martial arts are an art form and are done for the purity of the form rather than bashing...example the shaolin monks...they can endure a bamboo staff to the head without breaking sweat, a feat that would leave us with fractured skulls.Yet, they rarely beat up anyone.They trained to receive blows to the head,groin etc because it was a traditional expectation.

You can look up you tube vids of shaolin monks willingly taking kicks to the groin by spectators at exhibitions.Interesting watch.
I totally agree with you ,
you must continue and keep doing everything, after all it is for the betterment of society and human race.
Best wishes.
kindly don't loose the spirit,

Enjoy yourself.

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Fri May 11, 2012 9:07 am

A good self defense discussion here. Well fortunately I have never come across a self defense situation ever except some tussles here and there. Usually I pay extra attention when I am with ladies, its not wise to become a hero either to show off or look macho in front of ladies coz that can jeopardize their life.

I remember a case:
Long time back I had heard about a case in mumbai where a family was enjoying on marine drive when couple of drunk guys were passing by and passing lewd comments to each and every ladies sitting there. This business man was present with his wife, one of the guy tried to misbehave with the wife and so the businessman attacked him. In retaliation the drunk guy pulled out a knife. The business man had a licensed revolver and so he put 3 in his chest and he was dead. The other drunk guys were scared s***less and escaped from the place.

The businessman called the police and informed them about the self defense act and the public around provided their statements. I am not quite sure what happened to the case but I remember Mid-Day news paper covered it and I think the business man was let go and charges were dropped.

Can somebody remember or can confirm ?

Priyan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Priyan » Fri May 11, 2012 10:31 am

Skyman wrote:oh, a fellow boxer.....i actually thought of the lower mandible...but settled for nose because i was like 15 then and i didn't have the knockout power,aimed to stun him.He was actually short, 5 6 or so...so my luck.

Once you learn to control adrenalin...it's beautiful man.Time slows to such a drag...you have so long to think,aim,attack with proper footwork and form.Otherwise i would have broken my hand.The great thing about bare knuckle boxing is it teaches you if you hit wrong,your hand is gone.You have to be fearless.It's easy to hit a bag, not so much a moving person with no protection or warm up.Punching walls,doors etc helps conquer the fear of getting hurt.

Well i was out on a date, and it was 7 or so.Looks like the perv went for the prettiest girl around.
$10 says you can't inflict much damage if you hit lower jaw. Are you skinny as a twig cause I was kicking butt at that age. In my case I don't think much, my hand hits before I could think.
Speaking of bare knuckle boxing, I had my fair share of it, lol all the scars at my hand reminds me daily that it wasn't a smart thing to do. In case of emergency I like to target one and rush at him, life is not Matrix and if guys see one getting beat up they'll run like hell instead of trying to save him/her.
BTW if you were 15 at that time, and I assuming the girl wasn't older than you. The eve teaser would be a pedophile not a perv.
Now the sad news, I can no longer punch someone hard, let alone boxing due to RSI :(
When I'll get to shoot a gun?

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Fri May 11, 2012 12:53 pm

Without a glove,yes.Otherwise it is a sure knockout as you will agree.I used to play guitar at that time,so didn't want to loose the suppleness of my fingers by hard training.

She was one of those girls who no one could tell how old, depended from 14 to 19...so perv is a trait, pedophile is an orientation.

Whats RSI?

Priyan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Priyan » Fri May 11, 2012 2:24 pm

Well, RSI is some kind of mysterious pain that occurs mostly in hands, in my case it pains for weeks before it goes automatically. I consulted a doctor who advised me to stop boxing or the pain will worsen gradually, I've stopped boxing and the pain hasn't come back yet.
I don't wanna drag the discussion about pedophilia but IMHO only NAMBLA thinks pedophile is an orientation.
Ah, no more discussion about orientation anymore.

On a side note, I gotta congratulate you for being a playa at the age of 14, I've never went out on a date :D
When I'll get to shoot a gun?

ak27
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ak27 » Fri May 11, 2012 2:41 pm

Skyman wrote: Whats RSI?
RSI stands for 'Repetitive Strain Injury'. The term itself is self-explanatory. It's an Injury that causes pain in the skeletal/nervous system due to prolonged practice of physically stressful activities which in the case of Priyan obviously, is Boxing.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Ben Franklin

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Fri May 11, 2012 2:51 pm

priyan- some finger pushups should help.As well as rope work.

Well what can i say....fortune favors the brave.

kalashnikovcult
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by kalashnikovcult » Fri May 11, 2012 11:16 pm

i was stopped on the railway tracks in mumbai , when i crossing to the other side, those guys were druggies and were like 6-7 feet away..it was dark i couldn't even see who they were , i instantly picked up the rocks lying around and moved away. Seeing the rocks in my hand they dint attempt to come closer.
cu kar az hama hilate dar guzasht
halal ast burdan ba shamshir dast.

When all other means have failed,it is righteous to draw the sword

-- Guru Gobind Singhji Maharaj

ak27
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ak27 » Fri May 11, 2012 11:49 pm

kalashnikovcult wrote:i was stopped on the railway tracks in mumbai , when i crossing to the other side, those guys were druggies and were like 6-7 feet away..it was dark i couldn't even see who they were , i instantly picked up the rocks lying around and moved away. Seeing the rocks in my hand they dint attempt to come closer.
Another practical example to support the statement- 'In most of the SD situations where there is no considerable threat to life standing up bravely would suffice'.

Thanks for sharing.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Ben Franklin

kalashnikovcult
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by kalashnikovcult » Sat May 12, 2012 1:33 am

this is more of luck , its now that guns boom more often in mumbai, previously we dint have the delhi noida situation of katta users so we never had imagined the fear of facing a fire arm.

it was only when i moved away and then to a place where there were crowds i started sweating thinking of what they could have done. the reaction just came instantaneously and with ease.
cu kar az hama hilate dar guzasht
halal ast burdan ba shamshir dast.

When all other means have failed,it is righteous to draw the sword

-- Guru Gobind Singhji Maharaj

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Sat May 12, 2012 2:44 am

kalashnikovcult wrote:this is more of luck , its now that guns boom more often in mumbai, previously we dint have the delhi noida situation of katta users so we never had imagined the fear of facing a fire arm.

it was only when i moved away and then to a place where there were crowds i started sweating thinking of what they could have done. the reaction just came instantaneously and with ease.
I don't know the latest about Mumbai coz it has been almost 6 yrs. that I have been to mumbai. But I think the license issuance thing is still strict and an issue. I don't think there are as many gun owners in Mumbai as compared to Delhi or Noida.