Fresh 'baton' anyone?

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
crazyphilo
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Fresh 'baton' anyone?

Post by crazyphilo » Tue May 21, 2013 9:47 am

essdee1972 wrote:Water pipes - the stiff type - has been used as "interrgoation aids" by lots of police forces - secret and otherwise. But then, the "subject" in such cases is usually immobilised and can't fight back.

Filled with shot (as in buckshot), pellets, ball bearings, small pebbles, etc. pipes seem to have been used as blackjacks (or sap or cosh, depending on which criminal fraternity you belong to).

I have a Cold Steel sjambok and a defunct trekking pole (the tip wore off, making it highly dangerous to hope for support from the pole) in the back of the car, on top of the speakers.

Essdee1972 - I got your point on the skill in using the baton as a weapon when I saw the Cold Steel sjambok video on the Cold Steel page - http://www.coldsteel.com/Product/95SMB/ ... BLACK.aspx

It seems sjambok are useful against Zombies as well -

Without proper training, carrying anything is useless.

For Advertising mail webmaster
YogiBear
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by YogiBear » Tue May 21, 2013 1:12 pm

Aloha,

Instead of a waterpipe, Consider a length of Multi Strand Telephone cable that still uses copper wire instead of fiber optics.

It is stiff, but still flexible to coil in smaller places and not as noticable as a "weapon"

If the main cover is peeled open and removed, you have a short multi stranded flail/whip.

Just make sure that the grip end does not slip off.

With the heavy cover left on, it will conform to what ever is struck.

Usually, can be had for free(at least that's how I got mine) when telephone guys are redoing a large office.

atul_cool13
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by atul_cool13 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:24 pm

dailydealbazaar is selling baton at 299 +49postage......
is the site safe to buy any product..

kalashnikovcult
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by kalashnikovcult » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:02 am

atul that site is not functional ..try tihs http://shopping.rediff.com/product/tele ... arch_baton
cu kar az hama hilate dar guzasht
halal ast burdan ba shamshir dast.

When all other means have failed,it is righteous to draw the sword

-- Guru Gobind Singhji Maharaj

atul_cool13
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by atul_cool13 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:58 pm

thanks for the help....
this baton is "spring type"....
I have placed an order on ebay for a hard type steel baton. rediff sell hard type baton at 789+postage and ebay is giving it for 699 and free delivery.

PinoySteel
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by PinoySteel » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:51 pm

Anyone have any advice on where I can get a good quality baton in India now? If I import one or two by FedEx, will I have to pay hefty duty? Alternatively I may fly in with a fiberglass/steel baton or just carry nunchaku in my waistband like I usually do in India! :wink:

kalashnikovcult
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by kalashnikovcult » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:31 pm

Try rediff ..are you in India now or HK ?
cu kar az hama hilate dar guzasht
halal ast burdan ba shamshir dast.

When all other means have failed,it is righteous to draw the sword

-- Guru Gobind Singhji Maharaj

PinoySteel
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by PinoySteel » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:48 pm

In HK, but I have heard a lot of horror stories about Rediff, and I'll only be in India for two weeks (may shoot over to Kolkata and Delhi too while we're there).

The batons on Rediff appear to be knockoffs of Chinese batons...which the Chinese market is flooded with. The real Chinese batons are actually very good, but the fakes are much easier to find, even in China! lol

I'll try and get one of the ESP batons through oliveplanet. I've emailed them to confirm they have stock.

Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

Post by Moin. » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:00 pm

:deadhorse:
PinoySteel wrote:Anyone have any advice on where I can get a good quality baton in India now? If I import one or two by FedEx, will I have to pay hefty duty? Alternatively I may fly in with a fiberglass/steel baton or just carry nunchaku in my waistband like I usually do in India! :wink:
Nunchaku in your waistband when in India... Bruce as in Lee thats really funny :mrgreen:

On a serious note you get a decent collapsible baton for under 2k in most of the arms shops (i had seen one in Tahir Arms Stores for 1600 a year back). These are chinese ones not the high end ESP ones you can order through KC.

Regards
Moin.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

PinoySteel
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by PinoySteel » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:54 pm

Moin. wrote::deadhorse:
PinoySteel wrote:Anyone have any advice on where I can get a good quality baton in India now? If I import one or two by FedEx, will I have to pay hefty duty? Alternatively I may fly in with a fiberglass/steel baton or just carry nunchaku in my waistband like I usually do in India! :wink:
Nunchaku in your waistband when in India... Bruce as in Lee thats really funny :mrgreen:

On a serious note you get a decent collapsible baton for under 2k in most of the arms shops (i had seen one in Tahir Arms Stores for 1600 a year back). These are chinese ones not the high end ESP ones you can order through KC.

Regards
Moin.
Moin, ESP is a European knockoff from a Czech company...but they may be made on contract in China. I am pretty sure they are. Regardless, they are hardened steel. The ones for sale in Mumbai are fakes of the good Chinese ones, and are not hardened steel, but will still do the trick.

I do train with nunchaku and they are very effective and very concealable...I often carry them into malls without issue after the security guards stop laughing. :lol:

PinoySteel
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by PinoySteel » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:00 pm

I should say the ESP is a European brand that wants to sound like ASP. They are carried by OlivePlanet. ASP batons are illegal to export from the US, but KC will send S&W Batons overseas.

All the Chinese manufacturers (FOX, YRG, ANT, GAS) also use three-letter acronyms. In the Philippines I carry a cheap ANT baton in my waistband all day, but they are prohibited here, even though I can buy them freely 30 mins north in China!
Last edited by PinoySteel on Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PinoySteel
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by PinoySteel » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:01 pm

Got my ESP from OlivePlanet yesterday. Higher price than in Europe, but there is duty to be contended with here and the olive drab version I got is older and not available anywhere else online that I can find! Excellent baton. I would have preferred black and 26", but the OD looks less threatening on the waist. 21" is also lighter and more compact, so it prints less under a shirt. I am carrying it horizontally in a Maxpedition baton sheath.

IMO this is the best weapon for EDC for me here in Mumbai as it is legal, easy and fast to deploy, gives me range and is both lethal and non-lethal, depending on how I choose to use it! ;) I am also trained in FMA and a stick is really a hell of a weapon, especially one that can be concealed and carried anywhere. All in all I am very happy with OlivePlanet's service and the ESP baton is really excellent.

harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:09 pm

I recently got a united cutlery impact batons which is 10 inches (Closed) & 26 inches (Closed) and I think that it the best for self defence as well. I keep them for my everyday carry.
Keep knives in your pocket and pray that you will never need it

harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:09 am

These seems to be the expandable batons which are mostly used by cops around the world for law enforcement.
I have come across this batons.
Keep knives in your pocket and pray that you will never need it

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:31 am

My two cents worth...........have a baton that I had bought from Olive planet a couple of years back. Had paid Rs 2000/- then. The prices seem to have considerably gone up since. Recently bought an aluminium baseball bat from amazon.in that I keep in the car. Paid around Rs 600 for it and well worth the money.