I was stabbed.

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: I was stabbed.

Post by Skyman » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:11 pm

If it weren't for my well developed abs, he would have hit the liver.Like i said, the scan showed it missed by 1 mm.The hard muscle slowed the knife.And it is experience which has taught me you might break your hand if you hit someone that hard in the face.Hence jabbed eyes.
I would rather hit my target gently than miss hard.

For Advertising mail webmaster
dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:44 pm

do you think your family is avoiding any conversation because they know why it happened??must be they don't want you to know the real reason...just a guess.did they file a complaint?
you said you are writing 12th that makes you too young to own a firearm.think of good folder.
happy that you are safe and admire your courage.
regards
dr.jk

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:00 pm

Skyman's, thank goodness you survived this vicious attack. Hopefully, the perpetrator will leave, but I'm sure you know that this may not be the case, so please be careful.

It is a sad aspect to human existence that some lessons are only learned by personal experience. You mention PTSD. You know soldiers often feel misunderstood, because those who haven't been through the experience and horrors of combat cannot understand what it is like and what it does to a person.

I do not think that will change, sad to say.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Vassili Zaitsev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Vassili Zaitsev » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:20 pm

Skyman, wish you a speedy recovery and well done on your boxing part. Next time go for the nose and break it immediately. That's how I survived a mugging recently in Trivandrum near Techno-park. Thank god, I am practicing Krav Maga and now its been one year..It is the presence of mind and quick movement helped to save the day.

BTW, did you filed an FIR? if not you should do it with your parents and may be as you have mentioned the attacker was looking for your dad.
This will keep a lot of things simple and in future everyone will have a reference and police can follow and track them..
They may require your assistance to make some sketches of the attacker..

Keep us posted and take care man..
"Everything that has a beginning, has an end !!!"

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:44 pm

Did file FIR.Timmy is right.They just lectured me on the importance of having a career.And that everyone dies.What the hell? I know that.I have decided to not say anything of the matter to them.I find myself in the middle of sudden emotional outburts.Which was interpreted as rebelling.They also told me to be careful and vigilant.I just escaped death by doing that didn't i?.It wasn't zeus who did the saving was it?

DR JK, i do have a cheap folder, but don't think we can deploy knives or guns as quickly as a fist or a foot.Even with the adrenalin, i think it would be a little slower than a fixed blade.

I did not see his face at all.Which leads me to think he is a pro.granted, my attention was on his knife hand.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:00 pm

Skyman,

Sorry to hear of the incident. Cannot add anything to that has already been said. Get well and stay safe.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:28 pm

Sorry to hear that mate. hope you recover soon.
/S
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:33 pm

Shocking ........
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Hope the fellow who did this is caught.

Karanchuhg
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Karanchuhg » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:13 pm

Get well soon!

What you did was very brave. Owning a gun or knife may not help in all cases if you don't have it handy. What you truly need is courage...and after reading what you did, you already have it in abundance!

Regards - Karan

Kumarnishith
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Kumarnishith » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:23 pm

You are a brave person for your age...what you did is truly remarkable..very few people would have shown such courage & presence of mind in such a stressfull condition..keep it up..buy a good folder and and if possible enroll yourself in a self defense/martial art class..keep yourself mentally and physically strong..and ya have a speedy recovery..

-Nishith

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:34 pm

keep talking,
there may some fear of the front door etc, over come that, do not bother wasting your time in hating the man who did this, think about this, if some one talks alot about me good or bed then i am important to that person in some way. thus do not spend to much time in thinking about him, do something, it will not come easy, forgive the attacker. set him free from your hate etc, why i say this? it takes lot of courage and will power to forgive someone who has harmed you. some may take this as a sign of weekness, but let me assure you it is the strongest sign of strength that one can have,

do not worry about what people say to you, they in most cases do not know what to say, after all what do one say to a chap who has just been stabbed? understand that they do not understand you, and do not hold anything against them. you are going to experience some anxiety about the front door, door bell ringings, try to overcome this [ do not want you to punch some poor nappy sales man lights out]

keep posting
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:14 pm

Dear Skyman,

As tough as it might sound, don't try to think too much about that incident. Not to say wish it away. But do not keep returning to the fact or relive that memory. Yes that you are made of steel internally and externally is beyond doubt, but let that be a learning experience. STAY ALERT AT ALL TIMES. It's relatively easy to attack someone mortally out in the open than in their houses. Gods willing (and politicians unwilling, if at all they are involved) that perpetrator will be caught in due course. But stick to your course of life - your sports and studies. That's the real fight, bro. The attack was to teach someone a lesson and have him and his family live in terror for whatever reason. Not living in terror is half the battle won. And get well fast and on with your life. Good Luck.

regs
A.

vkpd
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vkpd » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:38 pm

Hey Skyman...
Hats off to you, your courage & your presence of mind to react as you did on that fateful day.
I do get a feeling that as much as your family is going through a phase of shock & denial at what happened with you & indeed them, it is also a subconcious effort on their part to make you as well as themselves feel as 'normal' as they possibly can by just brushing off the incident as 'trivial'. This again is a valiant effort on their part to be brave or atleast potray the same to you but I am sure the demons are constantly haunting their minds as much as it is yours for answers & events & ground realities which led to this ghastly incident.
They as parents would have gauged by now how traumatised the incident has left you but in no way would they ever want this incident to leave a permanent scar on your psyche - hence it is understandable thier playing the "aaal iz well" card. Do not anger & in time try to forget it as a very bad dream.
Wish you speedy recovery.
All the best
vkpd
Last edited by vkpd on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

knifejunkie
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by knifejunkie » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:30 am

Hurting a fellow BROTHER hurts the entire community, "BROTHER IN ARMS always" I hope you get your confidence back up because things liake these really can shook your confidence But part of my advice will be to learn CQB arts.

Get well soon

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:39 am

Thank you all.I don't fear anything or hate anyone.My sudden loss of memory is alarming.Didn't get much sleep for the third night in a row.I was startled so many times the wound started to burn.

Can't sit for more than 15-20 min.