A beginner's journey..and the steps involved.

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: A beginner's journey..and the steps involved.

Post by Mr.Shome » Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:14 am

Humble apologies for this late reply. Logged in today after a very long time and saw your beautiful message. I hope, I have not already fallen victim to your fiery definition 'Kill.... kills you'. A humble suggestion after reading your about your problems to continue with shooting, try not to let your passion take a backseat to the challenges life throws.

Happy New Year in advance Doctor Saab πŸ’ͺ🀝 πŸ™
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

For Advertising mail webmaster
drlizard
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by drlizard » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:34 pm

Mr.Shome wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:14 am
Humble apologies for this late reply. Logged in today after a very long time and saw your beautiful message. I hope, I have not already fallen victim to your fiery definition 'Kill.... kills you'. A humble suggestion after reading your about your problems to continue with shooting, try not to let your passion take a backseat to the challenges life throws.

Hey! I saw your reply by chance just now.. I dunno why I didn't see a notification for it. Anyway, your kind words are greatly appreciated .. Thank you so much!!
I'm down but not out.. And I'm very stubborn. I'll return to shooting again as soon as life permits me. This sport has given me so much, that I cannot think of quitting.
A job provides food for the stomach, but a passion is food for the soul.

The "kill time before time kills you" thing means "keep doing stuff before your time is up and you die".
It means don't sit around idly, but rather kill time (timepass) by doing something constructive or learning something new...before your time comes... Coz time kills all of us in the end. Until that day, keep killing time with new interests and hobbies that add value to your life.

Your words have strengthened my resolve. As soon as I can manage it, I'll return to the way of the rifle.

Love and regards, mere dost.

RKBA FTW !!!
"Kill time before time kills you"
- Dr Ankur Baruah

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:01 pm

BINGO! Your passionate and enthusiastic words are highly motivating and speak volumes about your never-say-die spirit. Too humbled to say anything more. It's delightful to bond with folks over common interests, especially given that our tribe is shrinking.

Regards and BANG away!
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

rahulbdelhi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rahulbdelhi » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:53 pm

drlizard wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:34 pm
Mr.Shome wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:14 am

Hey! I saw your reply by chance just now.. I dunno why I didn't see a notification for it. Anyway, your kind words are greatly appreciated .. Thank you so much!!
I'm down but not out.. And I'm very stubborn. I'll return to shooting again as soon as life permits me. This sport has given me so much, that I cannot think of quitting.
A job provides food for the stomach, but a passion is food for the soul.

The "kill time before time kills you" thing means "keep doing stuff before your time is up and you die".
It means don't sit around idly, but rather kill time (timepass) by doing something constructive or learning something new...before your time comes... Coz time kills all of us in the end. Until that day, keep killing time with new interests and hobbies that add value to your life.

Your words have strengthened my resolve. As soon as I can manage it, I'll return to the way of the rifle.

Love and regards, mere dost.

RKBA FTW !!!
Hello @drlizard , hope you are doing good and enjoying your shooting. I had a question.
Does becoming a renowned shooter in air-weapons category( ie. 10m air pistol or air rifle) help you to get an arms license? Or do you need to qualify as a renowned shooter in firearms category?