Self defence Situation

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Self defence Situation

Post by eljefe » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:28 am

james wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:06 am
Fight /using or trying firearm response is last option or no option if professionals are involved. If there is some kind of perceived threat , Bulletproof vehicle is first priority to escape the situation.
This is just my view and not any kind of suggestion.
James.
Look at it this way.
If you’re rich or important enough to be riding around in a bullet proof car, the bad guys are probably going to use an RPG or Milan on your car. I think the OP wanted a response from aam admi type of situation...😉
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:22 pm

sourabhsangale wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:21 pm
Self defence and only be properly done when one has proper knowledge of law and how to handle weapon under pressure.
Just keep gun in holster and roming with it on your waist doesn’t not help there should be constant Practice with the gun every month with minimum of 50-100 rounds , which shall include safety precautions , presence of mind , and knowledge of arms act and self defence law .
I totally agree with you sir. In common practice carrying a handgun is a luxury which only 1/2% of Indian can afford ( may be less in percentage). But in present situation every person in India is exposed to the threat from criminals. As of now we do not have access to modern self defense equipments ( non fire arms type). May be in future we will have that privilege.
Regards

Shivaji

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:46 pm

Yes they are available now also and will be in future also with more sophistication.
As of now firearms should be granted in limited nos only .

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:23 am

sourabhsangale wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:46 pm
Yes they are available now also and will be in future also with more sophistication.
Limited numbers? LOL! Only for well connected elites you mean to say? Already, this is the norm, so no need to worry about a benevolent licensing policy. Just watch out for the illegal ones....no stopping them.

@shivaji.dasgupta

Apologies for replying to this comment without contributing to your post.

Warmly,

PShome
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:25 pm

Not like that but who really need fire arms shall be given arms license .if we start giving them easily than everyday there will be murders .

pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pistolero » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:40 pm

sourabhsangale wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:25 pm
Not like that but who really need fire arms shall be given arms license .if we start giving them easily than everyday there will be murders .
Who will qualify this need? A right to protect your life and property is a basic right. How can you deny anyone a license.

Are you implying more arms license will lead to more murders??? Please clarify
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

WhoCantBeNamed
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by WhoCantBeNamed » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:02 am

sourabhsangale wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:25 pm
Not like that but who really need fire arms shall be given arms license
An Arms license would be of no use to a dead person.

Rakshith
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Rakshith » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:09 pm

Hmm... if I had to charge at someone with my weapon, that means I'm escalating the situation much farther than it needs to be. And if I'm charging than that means it 's going to be so much harder to present my case in court in the event of any situation.

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:16 pm

Rakshith wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:09 pm
Hmm... if I had to charge at someone with my weapon, that means I'm escalating the situation much farther than it needs to be. And if I'm charging than that means it 's going to be so much harder to present my case in court in the event of any situation.
You are right license holder is always seen as criminal.
Arms can only be used in rarest to rarest moments which should be recorded in cctv and there should be witness to such incidents .

If used like that with no proper threat or recording of the footage one is bound to get in trouble more than the criminal who wanted to harm us .

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:59 pm

Mr.Shome wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:23 am
sourabhsangale wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:46 pm
Limited numbers? LOL! Only for well connected elites you mean to say? Already, this is the norm, so no need to worry about a benevolent licensing policy. Just watch out for the illegal ones....no stopping them.

@shivaji.dasgupta

Apologies for replying to this comment without contributing to your post.

Warmly,

PShome
Sorry for replying late as I missed this discussion. But after all the discussion my only conclusion is in a self defense situation without a valid firearms, bullet proof vehicle and lots of training a common Indian citizen is as helpless as we were in British Raj or in the era of Maharajas. No changes except the numbers in the calendar. May be in coming days we will see better situation.
Regards

Shivaji

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:42 pm

Yes, can't agree more with you about the vulnerability of common people. Hopefully, in our lifetimes, we may just see some change.

Regards.
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

Shooterlike
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Shooterlike » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:11 am

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:56 pm
I have one question to the Group.. the situation is that you are driving your car and some one attacked you..you Draw your weapon and charge towards the attackers.. if its a gun or some unconventional weapon then What is the Possibility in a Self Def. that you will hit first.. how we can minimise the response time.. What are the factors..
1. Practice
2. Weapon
3. some unconventional weapon like Pepper spray etc.. which are more effective.
4. any other factor..

Regards
well i would say if you are in such trouble that you got to take practise on your weapon for self defence then just get a bullet proof vest

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:42 am

Shooterlike wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:11 am
Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
I have one question to the Group.. the situation is that you are driving your car and some one attacked you..you Draw your weapon and charge towards the attackers.. if its a gun or some unconventional weapon then What is the Possibility in a Self Def. that you will hit first.. how we can minimise the response time.. What are the factors..
1. Practice
2. Weapon
4. any other factor..

Regards
well i would say if you are in such trouble that you got to take practise on your weapon for self defence then just get a bullet proof vest
Yes agreed. that is a good solution indeed. If the bullet proof vest is available to a common man in India then it's really a good option. Except head and neck it gives up to a good extent protection from any gun shot, Specially from the country made weapons used by the criminals here in India.
Regards

Shivaji

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:08 pm

Vineet wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:34 am
Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
1. Practice
2. Weapon
4. any other factor..

Regards
Watch YouTube channel 'Active Self Protection'. There are hundreds of videos on how to act properly in self defence situations.

Link
I am a big fan of this John Korrea guy . He does a good job in analysing video footage of any firearm use incident . One more thing I learnt by his videos : you need to live in Brazil for some time to really learn to remain alive :mrgreen:
Great men are not born great , they grow great .