12 ga. Cartridges For Self Defence

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
ebenezer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: 12 ga. Cartridges For Self Defence

Post by ebenezer » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:37 pm

Well, this topic reminds me of an old true tale which my father shared with me once. Actually, this is not about self-defence, but a 'punishment' given by my great grandfather for coconut thieves who entered his grove at nights. This great grand father had a Webley and Scott SBBL and he would remove all the shots from the cartridge and instead fill them with crystal salt or dhal. He would then hide behind the well and on hearing the rustling of leaves up the tree, focus the headlight up and fire at the robber at his thigh. This, actually would cause bleeding injuries, but would not be dangerous. The thief would then be tied up on the tree and then handed over to the village panchayat head in the morning. :)
Cheers
Ebenezer

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:29 pm

hi Ebenezer

salt is a good idea and was used by many farmers in the UK, not sure if still in use. it was damm effective way to make poachers and fruit thrives think twice about their behaver.

Glad to hear that ur great gradpapy was very friendly and shared his dhal and salt with unwanted guests.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

ebenezer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ebenezer » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:03 pm

nagarifle";p="45655 wrote: hi Ebenezer

salt is a good idea and was used by many farmers in the UK, not sure if still in use. it was damm effective way to make poachers and fruit thrives think twice about their behaver.

Glad to hear that ur great gradpapy was very friendly and shared his dhal and salt with unwanted guests.
gradpapy is not alive to bless u Nagarifle. :lol:
Ebenezer

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:10 pm

nagarifle";p="45655 wrote:Glad to hear that ur great gradpapy was very friendly and shared his dhal and salt with unwanted guests.
Indians do take great pride in their tradition of hospitality... :lol:
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:38 pm

Ebenezer
hope u do not mean blessing of the dhal and salt spray on the buttocks :lol: :D :lol:

hock ann
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hock ann » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:51 pm

If few Naga Chili powder are added too it would make one run like an Impala antelope. :lol:

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:15 am

sounds good hock ann,

although i am some what concerned with human right abuse as non nagas are not able to handle such a hot shot.

what about the society for chilly rights? they might find a course for the courts in we use chilly in such a way.
Nagarifle

ebenezer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ebenezer » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:16 am

nagarifle";p="45663 wrote: Ebenezer
hope u do not mean blessing of the dhal and salt spray on the buttocks :lol: :D :lol:

Nagarifle, I'll ask grandpa tonite :lol:

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:23 am

ebenezer

thanks but no thanks

u are very kind and i would feel that i would be robbing u of ur blessing :D

So why don't u have all the grandpa's blessing? :twisted: :D :lol:

unless he wants to give me the shooter and the recipe so i could bless u more often with it. :lol: :D :lol:

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:23 pm

mundaire";p="45653 wrote:
nagarifle";p="45647 wrote:or let say:

that u wake up and find that a intruder is in ur room unarmed ie u do not see any thing in his hands and you drown ur Mossberg from under ur pillow and clubber him on the back, that would seem as self defence. however on the other hand the intruder has a knife and u pump few rounds in him that may be and i say may be classified as self defence, even in the intruder s***s barrings for few day. :evil:

in self defence the safe and simple rule should be to use minimum force.

may the force be with u (also the law) :lol: :D
I beg to differ - if you wake up in the middle of the night and realise you have an intruder in your house the best course of action would be NOT to waste time ascertaining how well he is armed OR how many of them (intruders) are in your house.

The very fact that he/ they have broken into your house indicates malafide intent and you would be well within your rights to take the most immediate and effective means possible to disable said intruder(s) as you CANNOT be blamed by anyone for presuming the worst! However, if they are merely in your compound and NOT within your house then you have the luxury of having the time to call for help/ ascertaining how many/ how well armed etc. prior to taking action - as the threat is NOT immediate enough for you to PRESUME the worst.

While I am not a lawyer, I have heard of several instances of people using lethal force to defend themselves in their homes without later having any cases registered against them. Even if the police does register a case, it will almost always be thrown out of court... so long as you use common sense.
dsingh";p="45642 wrote:Abhijit I think u should impose a penalty for long absence on me
Why sure, hmmm - how about donating 1,000 rounds of 12 ga. No. 6 shot to IFG for "evaluation" purposes? We are quite flexible about brands... :mrgreen:

Cheers!
Dear Abhijit quite a big penalty but in Punjab authorities rarely allow more than 25 rounds although I have all India license and 2 weapons I can have 75 rounds 25 for one and 50 for the other.I will be honoured to share with my friends.
regards

eugene
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by eugene » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:59 pm

Hello Gents,

At short range, say across a room a 12 bore is a terrifyingly lethal weapon as is any shotgun; many a soul has been sent out of this world by a .410.

At those ranges as has been said, shot size doesn't matter; should the bad guy be hit he's going to have a very big nasty hole in him that will very likely spoil his entire day. Permanently.

The usual weapon of choice is a robust pump action; simply hearing the thing being racked to the cocked position will seriously affect the intruders laundry bill and remind him of an urgent appointment elsewhere.

eug

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:04 am

I have a kilo of 'omrock' naga chillies i got 2 years ago-not able to finish them...wonder if the 'sharing salt, breaking bread' analogy is being carried to new heights with the addition of naga chillies?
That part about the onomatopoetic effectiveness of a pump being racked is a bit of BS-your ordinary 'chor' has never seen a pump shotgun, leave alone heard one being racked. Given the level of gun ignorance in India-a normal soul might think its a bolt action...
Cobra brand chilly/pepper spray uses naga chillies (and in a non enclosed space), maybe more effective than a shotgun, plus the bad guy recovers , suitably chastened.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:47 pm

hi eljefe

naga chilly spray can work both ways if the wind is against you ie AC fan is on. :cry:

why not a base ball bat? at close quarters few swing and or thrust to the chest area should give the intruder a second chance to do the mile a minute. :cry:

some times we tend to forget the traditional sport of stick fighting with used to be popular in the old days in the neighbourhood of hari nagar.

short sticks at close quarter does much to improve ones thinking. :D

some would say that if i wake up and find someone out to do harm or steel i need a shotgun.

well in all the instance one should have strong security at home which is cheaper then buying firearms.

home security/personal security does not in the first instance mean firearms, at home very good doors/locks etc should be in place.

if a local chor gets in ur house it tells me that ur home security is ***t. :x

i have been reading the different posts on self defence etc, no where has anyone said about home security. which is the first line of defence, same applies with body security, firearms should be the last thing in the list when it comes to security.

and lets not forget that with shot gun shot, some will go into the wall area and house repair cost should be taken in to account. :lol: :D :lol:
Nagarifle

browning
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by browning » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:57 pm

Completely agree with you Naga on the Home Security part.

sitar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sitar » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:14 pm

ebenezer";p="45654 wrote:Well, this topic reminds me of an old true tale which my father shared with me once. Actually, this is not about self-defence, but a 'punishment' given by my great grandfather for coconut thieves who entered his grove at nights. This great grand father had a Webley and Scott SBBL and he would remove all the shots from the cartridge and instead fill them with crystal salt or dhal. He would then hide behind the well and on hearing the rustling of leaves up the tree, focus the headlight up and fire at the robber at his thigh. This, actually would cause bleeding injuries, but would not be dangerous. The thief would then be tied up on the tree and then handed over to the village panchayat head in the morning. :)
Cheers
Ebenezer
using edible salt ie nacl (sodium somthing) will greatly effect the chemical reaction of the gun powder

soap is the best thing to do this :)

not sure about the chemical composition of the crystal salt