Air pistol for Self Defence

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Air pistol for Self Defence

Post by MoA » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:09 am

Want to protect yourself...
Get a proper pistol. Yes an air pistol might be easer... but do you want to make some one angrier or take down a threat.
Go through the red tape.. pay the price and have a reliable weapon.
Last edited by MoA on Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
lazybones
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by lazybones » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:35 pm

A catapult/slingshot with .32inch steel ball bearings might be an option :)

Ashok

tingriman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by tingriman » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:46 pm

silverballershotta wrote:i am new as a member to this form
Welcome to IFG
silverballershotta wrote:i am in a urgent need to own a firearm in case china does decide to attack India
Do you think it is going to happen and your .32 can stop them all?
silverballershotta wrote:but iv heard that its cheaper to buy a laamborghini diablo in india than a crude hanmade gun

No you are mistaken, you only need to spent money equilvallent to TATA NANO for decent .32 weapon of IOF.
silverballershotta wrote:advise as i could not care less whether my gun is illegal or not when the communists come barging inside my house to murder my family who whould conider owning a gun as more of a danger.
Never ever go that route, you will definately land in trouble much before the communist reach you. Always be a responsible citizen. If you really love your country, respect your constitution and law system.

cheers
tingriman

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:41 pm

silverballershotta wrote:i am new as a member to this form but i have been looking up the blogs posted here quite frequently as i feel that i am in a urgent need to own a firearm in case china does decide to attack India,there has been frequent controversy and sm days ago atwo boder guards were fired by some chinese from across the border too,i believe it will be a matter of short time when there's going to be a serious threat to the countyies northeastern borders, our state being in border in any case i feel i would be safer with a gun.and since i am in college right now i think i should rite now do some target practice with a air gun so dat i can handle the real heat quite well when i have the means to own one,but iv heard that its cheaper to buy a laamborghini diablo in india than a crude hanmade gun.so that pretty much makes me think if getting an illegal firearm would be the only option left to me.please advise as i could not care less whether my gun is illegal or not when the communists come barging inside my house to murder my family who whould conider owning a gun as more of a danger.
Welcome but you should know these kind of illegal and irresponsible talks are greatly frowned up here. I suggest to avoid a suspension or grave warning kindly edit you post immediately.

If you're so concerned about fighting the Chinese Army, do the country a favour too, join the Armed Forces. Protect the nation.
AMK
--------------------------------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:23 pm

silverballershotta,

Welcome to IFG. It is true we must respect our constitution and law system as respectable, upright, responsible and law abiding citizens. Gun ownership and use has to be strictly as per the law. If you feel changes have to be made related to gun ownership laws etc., there are legal and democratically acceptable methods. Some of our members are actively discussing these possibilities, to bring about a positive change at http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 702#p79702 You are also welcome to give your vote and opinions there.

singh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by singh » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:38 pm

Don't Hizack the thread. Post in right section and please post an introduction so that people here can know you better.

-MOD

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:35 pm

Singh,

Kindly post this in the appropriate section ( Buy/Sell) .

best,

Rp.
Last edited by The Doc on Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:38 pm

In the unlikely event that we do get into a war with China, an air pistol or any other pistol would be about as effective a means of defence as an umbrella in a hurricane to keep dry.

Assuming it does happen, my guess is access to appropriate weaponry would become fairly easy, and given a resistance scenario, said possesion takes a whole different legal angle. So dont worry about it.

No for day to day defence an air gun is a bad idea.

In my humble blinkered opinion a war with china is about as likely as a zombie invasion. Border skirmishes are normal, dont sweat it.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:22 am

silverballershotta

Heed to other members suggestions stop this hysteria about war etc which leads to unnecessary fear mongering. Read the rules of this board and refrain from such statements " please advise as i could not care less whether my gun is illegal or not " this board does care and you could face ban if you ever suggest using illegal guns. Rest MOA et al have covered all of the nonsensical concerns you raised.

Do post your introduction in the correct forum and hope to see you around. Considered yourself warned for citing illegal guns . Also its not a safe or advisable to ever use air pistols for self defense.

Have a nice stay and hoping you are not a troll.

Best

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:53 pm

The media, especially the TV media and the Times Group in particular has hyped this up; just like they have hyped up almost every issue in the last few years.

Slightly OT here but I think besides DD news there is not a single non tabloid, non sensationalist Indian news channel left to watch on TV.
AMK
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

kris anand
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kris anand » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:29 pm

this looks like downtown alabama!!!

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: why airguns/ replicas are useless for self defence

Post by xl_target » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:14 am

mundaire wrote:
a) If you are going to pull out a gun, you better be doing so because you plan to use it
b) If you pull out a gun the chap in front of you WILL ASSUME that you plan to use it and react accordingly
c) Guns are not to be bandied about to "scare" someone into submission - you'll most likely either end up at the police station or the morgue
100%!
One would think that the above would be common sense.
So to sum up; as Abhijit says, using an air pistol for self defense is a very bad idea.
As my lawn mower operators manual says; engaging in this course of action could cause grievous bodily harm or death. :)
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Hear_A_Tick
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Hear_A_Tick » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:07 pm

HERE’S WHAT TO DO WHEN DEFENDING WITH AN AIR PISTOL AGAINST A TERRORIST(S) WHO HAS YOU IN HIS SIGHTS:

1. CROUCH DOWN.
2. SEEK THE CLOSEST COVER.
3. AS YOU CRAWL TOWARD YOUR COVER, GLANCE AT THE TERRORIST AND MOTION FOR A LITTLE BIT OF TIME (SO YOU CAN BETTER PREPARE YOURSELF).
4. FOR THOSE UNAWARE OF HAND SIGNALS, MOTIONING FOR TIME IS A NON-VERBAL GESTICULATION: AN ‘OPEN PALM UP” SIGN REPRESENTING “Please Wait” DONE WITH YOUR LEFT PALM; and, simultaneously, WITH YOUR INDEX FINGER POINTING UPWARD OF YOUR RIGHT CLOSED FIST representing “One minute, Please”. IT IS CRITICAL THIS BE DONE CONCURRENTLY WITH YOUR FACIAL EXPRESSION BEAMING WITH SORROW, DESPERATELY PLEADING.
5. TIME (AND LUCK) PERMITTING, IF YOU MAKE IT TO YOUR “COVER”, CROUCH DOWN EVEN LOWER PREFERABLY IN THE “FETAL POSITION” MAKING YOURSELF INTO THE SMALLEST POSSIBLE TARGET AGAINST MACHINE GUNS.
6. CLAMP YOUR EARS BETWEEN YOUR KNEES AS YOU STICK YOUR AIR PISTOL (OR PISTOL REPLICA) UP YOUR BUTT AND
7. KISS YOUR BUTT GOODBYE!!

Please DO NOT post in capitals, its considered as shouting in online forums. Please post an introduction in appropriate forum so that people here can know you better.
MOD

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:04 am

Hear_A_Tick wrote:HERE’S WHAT TO DO WHEN DEFENDING WITH AN AIR PISTOL AGAINST A TERRORIST(S) WHO HAS YOU IN HIS SIGHTS:

1. CROUCH DOWN.
2. SEEK THE CLOSEST COVER.
6. CLAMP YOUR EARS BETWEEN YOUR KNEES AS YOU STICK YOUR AIR PISTOL (OR PISTOL REPLICA) UP YOUR BUTT AND
7. KISS YOUR BUTT GOODBYE!!
ROFL.

Very good indeed. ROTFL
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:12 am

Holy Zombie thread... :deadhorse: