Air pistol for Self Defence

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
reynaldx
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Air pistol for Self Defence

Post by reynaldx » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:21 pm

MoA wrote:Want to protect yourself...
Get a proper pistol. Yes an air pistol might be easer... but do you want to make some one angrier or take down a threat.
Go through the red tape.. pay the price and have a reliable weapon.

I think that a good I idea. I really badly need it for my self defense. I will try to use pepper spray or expandable batons.
Last edited by reynaldx on Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Use an expandable baton effectively only if you are prepared to use it and have practiced the best technique.

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:22 pm

I really badly need it for my self defense.
If you want a handgun apply for NPB Pistol/Revolver license. If you want a long gun apply for NPB Shotgun/Rifle license.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

vrohan59
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vrohan59 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:42 pm

I think that a good I idea. I really badly need it for my self defense.[/quote]
Get your self a proper weapon for self defense,it the mean time keep a sturdy iron rod,or a base ball bat :wink:
War does not define who is right -- only who is left
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:56 pm

vrohan59 wrote: Get your self a proper weapon for self defense,it the mean time keep a sturdy iron rod,or a base ball bat :wink:
... ah!... here, anything other than an autographed cricket bat is sacrilege.

...and be careful what you say... the inbred retards at the MHA might consider placing cricket bats and iron rods in the P.B. category.

:wink:

regards,
cc
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

kalashnikovcult
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by kalashnikovcult » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:30 pm

legal weapons of defence are stones , bricks, soda bottles , petrol bombs , molotev coocktails..
cu kar az hama hilate dar guzasht
halal ast burdan ba shamshir dast.

When all other means have failed,it is righteous to draw the sword

-- Guru Gobind Singhji Maharaj

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:40 pm

kalashnikovcult wrote:legal weapons of defence are stones , bricks, soda bottles , petrol bombs , molotev coocktails..
For 1st April , this is Okay i guess.
Thanks and Regards,
Saptarshi

kalashnikovcult
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by kalashnikovcult » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:20 pm

no april fool...this is all legal.. :(
cu kar az hama hilate dar guzasht
halal ast burdan ba shamshir dast.

When all other means have failed,it is righteous to draw the sword

-- Guru Gobind Singhji Maharaj

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:18 pm

Petrol bombs and Molotov cocktails do fall in description of arms, firearms and ammunition under Arms Act 1959 and as explosives under Explosives Act 1884.

Arms Act 1959:

Section 1(b) (b) "ammunition" means ammunition for any firearm, and includes---

(i) rockets, bombs, grenades, shells and other like missiles

(iii) other articles containing, or designed or adapted to contain, explosive, fulminating or fissionable material or noxious liquid, gas or other such thing, whether capable of use with firearms or not,

Section 2(1)(c) "arms" means articles of any description designed or adapted as weapons for offence or defence, and includes firearms, sharp edged and other deadly weapons

(e) "firearms" means arms of any description designed or adapted to discharge a projectile or projectiles of any kind by the action of any explosive or other forms of energy, and includes---

Section 2(1)(i) artillery, hand-grenades, riot-pistols or weapons of any kind designed or adapted for the discharge of any noxious liquid, gas or other such thing,

Explosives Act 1884:

Section 4(d)"explosives" means gunpowder, nitrogycerine, nitroglycol, gun-cotton, di-nitro-toluenetri-nitrotoluene, picric acid, di-nitor-phenol, tri-nitor-resorcinol (styphnic act), cyclo-trimethylenetrinitramine, penta-erythritol-tetranitrate, tetry1, nitorguanidine, lead azide, lead styphynate, fulminate of mercury or any other metal, diazo-di-nitor-phenol, coloured fires or any other substance whether a single chemical compound or a mixture of substances, whether solid or liquid or gaseous used or manufactured with a view to produce a practical effect by explosion or pyrotechnic effect; and includes fog-signals, fireworks, fuses, rockets, percussion caps, detonators, cartridges, ammunition of all descriptions and every adaptation or preparation of an explosive as defined in this clause;
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Priyan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Priyan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:43 am

Just curious will buying salt peter get me into trouble and does anyone know the desi name of salt peter?
When I'll get to shoot a gun?

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:23 am

Priyan wrote:Just curious will buying salt peter get me into trouble and does anyone know the desi name of salt peter?
Namak Pappu?

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:48 pm

@Priyan

Saltpeter IIRC is known as suvarnalavana or suvarsilavana (not common salt), somewhat akin to rock salt.

@MoA
:mrgreen: ROTFL

Lets not go OT here.

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:09 pm

You can also check out any shop supplying chemicals to school / college labs and ask for potassium nitrate (KNO3), likely to be purer.
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

discovershashank
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by discovershashank » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:48 pm

reynaldx wrote:
MoA wrote:Want to protect yourself...
Get a proper pistol. Yes an air pistol might be easer... but do you want to make some one angrier or take down a threat.
Go through the red tape.. pay the price and have a reliable weapon.

I think that a good I idea. I really badly need it for my self defense. I will try to use pepper spray or expandable batons.

Buddy i got a baton and i suppose its good for selfdefence against 2 people but its illigal to import or carry ....
A knife makes me feel stronger, keeps my temper down and gives me the courage to fight for the right. If I am wrong, don't correct me...

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:36 pm

sajji and shora are 2 names of saltpetre. im not sure if these names are still used. i reckon saltpetre is good enough.

OUP: when did you end up in denmark?
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

Frosty
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Frosty » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:19 am

Given a situation that the Originator of this thread Mr Autobot is carrying a Co2 action pistol say in range of 430-480 Fps with a 8 shot rotatory clip type mag and Mr Autobot finds himself in the middle of a situation and decides to pull out his killing machine and lays 3 to 4 shots with in 2 secs right on his attacker'"s face(which is not impossible with a pellet gun), it can be effective to the tune that the attacker if not ready with his arm atleast may get a little dillusional because of the blood gushing out of various holes on his skin or he may be severly injured his eye eyes could be squashed with a pellet. This may at least give Mr autobot valuable seconds to flee the spot like a rocket and save his ar*e

In no way this is to promote the "Air gun Defence " sentiment, just trying to give Mr Autobot's thoughts a perspective. :lol: