Brave Jammu girl takes on six terrorists, kills one

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
tirths
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Brave Jammu girl takes on six terrorists, kills one

Post by tirths » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:43 pm

For Advertising mail webmaster
tingriman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by tingriman » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:08 am

The Governor recommends this brave girl for Gallantry Award, She has already join SPO ranks in J&K Police along with her brother.

http://www.earlytimes.in/earlytimes1/ne ... px?q=45830

cheers,
tingriman

tingriman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by tingriman » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:09 pm

Ruksasna awaits reward of 8.5 L for killing the militant. The militant who was killed had reward of Rs.850,000 on his head as announced by the government. Good poverty allivation programme, I would like to join. :wink:

http://www.earlytimes.in/earlytimes1/ne ... px?q=45856

Rukhsana also demanded that a six-month army training should be given to children of the state so that they could fight the terrorists and give a befitting reply to them. {Sounds Very Good, :agree: }

"Now I want to sacrifice my life for the nation, so I plead our government to give jobs to me and my brother in the army or (paramilitary) CRPF or BSF so that I can safeguard our borders and directly retaliate against any attack from our neighbouring country," stated Rukhsana.

"They had offered us a job of SPO (special police Officer), but we refused that offer." {Earlier the paper had reported that Ruksana joined SPO ranks along with her brother}

"One cannot understand the gravity of the problem by sitting here. The situation in my village, Shahdhara Sharief, is really very grim and haunting. Militants regularly come to the houses of the villagers, eat there and take refuge. If anybody dares protest, they simply kill him," said Ajaz. {Now this is something which speaks that Babus and Netas are just speaking crap from their air-conditioned offices without knowing the factual hardship people face in militancy affected area.}

cheers,
tingriman

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:44 am

What exactly does the job of SPO entail? What are the job responsibilities? Are they official members of the Police Force and are they carried on the roster of the Police Force?
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

tingriman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by tingriman » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:17 pm

xl_target,

The SPO (Special Police Officers) are paid a fixed amount of something between 1500 INR to 2000 INR per month, while the job responbilities includes all sort of policing work that a regular police constable is capable of doing. Generally SPO are not given independent jobs to be performed, but they accompany regulars on all police missions including the critical ones. You may call them official members of Police force without the finicial benefits for which the govt jobs are much sought after. I mean the benefits like pension, medical, etc. Even if they lay their life for the sake of country, the ex-gratia or the compensation is either not given or if given is a meager amount (you will laugh at the amount if you came to know- shame it is total discrimination). The level of training imparted to SPOs is very limited, mostly they are self trained. The recuritment standard are also not very much there for them. I think this information is useful

cheers,
tingriman

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:24 pm

Thank You tingriman, for your explanation.
I have been away from India for a very long time and I have no idea what the cost of living is, anymore. We still called Mumbai, Bombay at the time I left. :)
In 1979, my father who was a full Colonel in the Army made about Rs 2400 a month. He did, of course, receive other benefits. However, I have no idea what Rs 2000 will buy anymore. I assume that it is not much in this day and age.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:25 pm

xl_target wrote:However, I have no idea what Rs 2000 will buy anymore.
Around 10 bullets of imported .32 S&W Long, if you get a reasonable deal that is.

best,

Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !