Reciprocal Links with the Pakistan Hunting Association

READ FIRST before posting anywhere!
mehulkamdar

Reciprocal Links with the Pakistan Hunting Association

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:18 pm

Friends,

We would like to announce the reciprocal links with the Pakistan Hunting Association as a measure of friendship between our forum and our brother sportsmen from across our border. I was personally introduced to this group by Inder and have made some very good friends and they have never hesitated to be cordial and more than merely hospitable to those Indian members who are members there.

Like us, they have also been targets of troll activity and their Orkut page was hacked several times. Hence the very stringent procedures for registering on their website. They have a link to Indians For Guns just like we have a link to their page.

I would like to welcome our friends here and would also appreciate any polite reciprocal friendships between members here who would like to get a perspective on shooting and hunting across India's western borders.

Please welcome our friends enthusiastically so that they may see our extended hand of friendship as a group.

Mehul

For Advertising mail webmaster
Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Reciprocal Links with the Pakistan Hunting Association

Post by Grumpy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:48 pm

Do you know Mehul that I`ve seen several references to Orkut here and wondered precisely what it was.......I`d gained the impression that it was an alternative Indian guns/shooting related website......So now I know - better late than never !

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:27 pm

This is a very good thing Mehul. Both IFG and PHA can work together in mutual area of interest. Members there specially Shahnawaz. Salman and several others are good hunters, firearm enthusiasts as well as budding conservationists. I hope some of them join here and members here welcome them with open hearts. May be who knows someday IFG can have a group hunt there and we can invite PHA members here obviously not for Hunting but site seeing or something.....

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:23 pm

Would like to take this opportunity to extend a warm welcome our friends from across the border and say that all of us hope to see (at least some of) them posting here :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Last edited by mundaire on Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:51 pm

Thanks Mehul, Inder and Abhijeet for bringing our shooting fraternity together.Let us all extend our hands of friendship to our brethren across the borders. I hope there will be a lot of inputs and exchanges from both sides.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:43 pm

A hearty welcome and Waidsmannheil to all PFA members and I hope we can show our respective politicos and fundamentalists how to conduct cross border relations.

Here's to friendship and good hunting!

Mack The Knife

cooldude
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cooldude » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:02 pm

We belong to the country which has the philosophy- " Vasundhara Kutumbakam" The whole world is a family. So we welcome our Pakistani brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts and all with open hearts and arms. In India at first nothing happens till it's about too late and then when it finally happens then it is taken to such an extent that it starts undermining the very cause that it was made for in the first place. There are many instances but here it is with relevance to banning of Shikar. The reasons will be dealt with, later in a different string. The reasons for such a state of affairs is because the country is run by a pack of jokers (Politicians) chosen by we the people. It is rightly said and I quote: " The people get the Government they deserve." Controlled Shikar could have provided much needed funds for the better management of forests and wild life as in countries like Kenya, South Africa etc. Who ever said that wild life is dwindling because of Shikar must be the biggest 'DUMBO' going around as the major reason for this is dwindling forests. It is easy to look for specific scapegoats, in this case Hunters and Gun owners. Well, I can go on and on but enough said out here as the main reason is to WELCOME our Pakistani counterparts with open hearts. So here goes once again. A very warm WELCOME to you, our western neighbours . I hope we will be able to enlighten each other with our experiences so do post on this forum as much as you can and may be we can visit each other some day without too many hassles.

Cheers.

Arindam
The day guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:42 pm

There are many instances but here it is with relevance to banning of Shikar. The reasons will be dealt with, later in a different string.
Go for it, Arindam.

Mack The Knife

jayanta mukherjee
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jayanta mukherjee » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:31 pm

Kudos for the steps. Actually would love to cross over sometime and check out the wildlife sometime. I hope you know what i meant. There are many thing we can reciprocally learn
LAWYERS FIGHT FOR RIGHTS.... AN ARMED CITIZEN PROTECTS THEM
"GOD IS NOT ON THE SIDE OF THE BIGGEST BATTALIONS, BUT OF THE BEST SHOTS." ~ VOLTAIRE

ritamrudra
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ritamrudra » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:26 pm

Surprised to find this thread ...

What is the status of the "reciprocal links" presently ?

anyone ?

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:51 pm

Ritam, as you can see, the Pakistan Hunting Association is a dead link, and there's hardly a way to have reciprocal links -- the link to their site would be a dead one and they can hardly have a link to us, if they no longer exist on the web.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

ritamrudra
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ritamrudra » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:53 pm

timmy wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:51 pm
Ritam, as you can see, the Pakistan Hunting Association is a dead link, and there's hardly a way to have reciprocal links -- the link to their site would be a dead one and they can hardly have a link to us, if they no longer exist on the web.
Thanks Timmy.