Air Rifle Range at O.A.S.E.S Jaipur

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
vmanicks
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Air Rifle Range at O.A.S.E.S Jaipur

Post by vmanicks » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:42 pm

Pictures taken at OASES (Organized Archery, Shooting & Equestrian Sports) Jaipur.

Below snaps were shot at 10M Air Rifle / Pistol Range

Daystate Buckmaster (Limited Edition 70/100), Walther Dominator, Diana 350 Magnum, Weihrauch HW50, Harrington & Richardson 20 Guage

For Advertising mail webmaster
hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Air Rifle Range at O.A.S.E.S Jaipur

Post by hvj1 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:32 am

Appears to be a good range, only the light intensity is definitely very low.

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:13 pm

looks cool.

vmanicks
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by vmanicks » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:07 pm

hvj1@ Its a very good range at my reach. Just 5 to 10 mins drive from my home.

Dr.Jayakumar@ Thanks sir

Also a thanks note to Arshad, who advised me to check this club out when I moved to Jaipur a month ago
And msg from Mundaire on a post more than a year ago about the membership details and contact info.

I hit the club mostly during the weekends.

Regards,
Manicks
Daystate Buckmaster (Limited Edition 70/100), Walther Dominator, Diana 350 Magnum, Weihrauch HW50, Harrington & Richardson 20 Guage

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:19 pm

vmanicks,
You are lucky to have a good range. Though it is not my intention to criticise a good effort, still I wish to draw your attention to the ISSF rules for indoor lighting which are briefly as follows;

Rule No.6.3.17 Indoor Range Light Requirements (Lux)
For 10 m the recommended value on the Firing line is 500 lux (general) and 1500-1800 on the target.

I am afraid the overall light intensity may not be more than 300 on an average.

Rule No. 6.3.17.1 All indoor ranges must have artificial illumination providing the necessary amount of light without glare or distracting shadows on the targets or firing points. The background area behind the targets must be a non-reflecting, light even neutral color.

Further, there is No continous lighting ON the firing line. What you have, is a one lighted tile/ seperated by 2 blank tiles, then a lighted one. What this does is provide UNEQUAL lighting conditions for the shooters standing on the firing line. And will definitely create a disadvantage to some , which is CONTRARY to the spirit of the sport, which is to provide EQUAL shooting conditions for all shooters on the firing line.

When shooting on such ranges, the shooter has to constantly adjust his focus, depending on the lane he is standing on (lighted or opaque). It creates ghost lines on the fore sight and the edge of the rear sight.

Finally, when the same shooter goes to a competition held on correctly illuminated ranges, he/she will face a tough time to adjust, if at all. This will lead to a drop in performance.

I am very sorry to present such a negative picture, but thats the reality here. My aim is not to criticise but to point out the pitfalls on this range. Hopefully it can be rectified at minimum cost, provided those at the helm are willing to LISTEN with their ears rather than their egos.

Regards

vmanicks
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by vmanicks » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:07 am

hvj1@ Thanks for the detailing.

I have used filters and bit of editing to get a green and bluish tint.

Will click more pics during my visit without any filter.

Otherwise the range is completely built in the state of the art to promote shooting sports.

coltpython
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by coltpython » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:45 pm

Hi
May i know the exact location and the address of the range :?: