M1 30Carbine

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Re: M1 30Carbine

Post by TwoRivers » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:57 pm

Tai Ahom wrote:Beautiful gun you have. Seems it has the auto selector
No. The selector of the M2 Carbine is on the left side of the receiver. What you see in the pic are safety and magazine release. Also, Plainfield is post-war civilian production, i.e. replica.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:26 pm

TwoRivers wrote:
Tai Ahom wrote:Beautiful gun you have. Seems it has the auto selector
No. The selector of the M2 Carbine is on the left side of the receiver. What you see in the pic are safety and magazine release. Also, Plainfield is post-war civilian production, i.e. replica.

:agree: with TwoRiver you can see only safety and mag.release

Baljit

tsheshabalaya
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by tsheshabalaya » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:23 am

I use an M-1 time to time at my club. The disparity in price and availability vs. India is incredible.
Here is one for 30,000 rupees.
http://www.tirvaubanath.com/mod-catalog ... &lang_id=1

Someday I am going to post something on what ails India in lacking a credible gun culture, and its costs - but will have to check with the moderator where to put up this political piece (it is from a briefing on Mumbai 26/11.

Rgds

Tosh

kaugustine
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kaugustine » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:37 pm

Baljit,

Real nice piece, the rear sight & safety lever seem to be an M2 Carbine, any changes of the parts? Thanks for posting

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:45 pm

Any idea of the price of the bullets ?

I trust these are the ones :

https://www.aimsurplus.com/EOS/images/p ... fmj110.jpg

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:56 pm

kaugustine no i did not change any part's, only i change the stock because when i buy this the stock is very rough.

Olly Yes that's the ones,price about the ammo is around $25 Canadian a box of 50 rounds but if i reloard my own it's around $10 Canadian and i am thinking to start reloard my own ammo very soon.

Baljit

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:36 pm

ckkalyan wrote:Hi Baljit,

Lovely rifle you have, drool, Yum-1 Carbine - Sooooper Specimen, looks almost new!

I have one too (M1 Carbine) Baljit, stuck somewhere in an armory in Madurai, Tamil Nadu for the past 29 years! It was a gift, willed to me from my Pa-ji (Late, Medical Officer, Gentleman and Colonel, Indian Army; Ma was a Captain in the Indian Nursing Service).

The 'no clue' Collector/Dist. Magistrate thought I was too young to own a gun, when I applied for a license. Very quick, very short, interview and all he said was "NO" - get out! Ouch!

It is still there on deposit in the armory, belongs to me, I can touch, see, feel, any time I am there but, I cant own it. And I haven't been back in India for many years now :oops:

What can I say my friend - maybe one day when I am in Canada and I have my PAL, I can apply to import it over - simply as a memory to my late Dad! :(
:cheers:
Appeal against the order and Apply under the family heirloom category....even with the proposed amendments they cant deny you the lic....might take some time,but eill come through eventually if you follow up.

A lovely weapon to shoot....especially if you mount a red dot

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:38 pm

kaugustine wrote:Baljit,

Real nice piece, the rear sight & safety lever seem to be an M2 Carbine, any changes of the parts? Thanks for posting
While those were standard on the selective-fire M2, they were introduced on the semi-auto M1. Also, Plainfield carbines are semi-auto replicas.

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:46 am

Sanjay wrote:
Appeal against the order and Apply under the family heirloom category....even with the proposed amendments they cant deny you the lic....might take some time,but eill come through eventually if you follow up.

A lovely weapon to shoot....especially if you mount a red dot
Thanks for the pointer Sanjay :)
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

Vineet Tomar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Vineet Tomar » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:54 pm

Dear Baljit as I have the license from the MHA, can you tell me the dealers having the bullets stock of the same,Delhi or UP,as I am from Kasganj.207123 Uttar pradesh.
Vineet Tomar.

Glock 25
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Glock 25 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:11 pm

Baljit wrote:Hi Guy's, i like to share with you guy's history of M1 30Carbine,in WW2 this Carbine used by the us army beside the M1 Garand, i know some of IFG member have this small cute carbine i have as well,i am going to post a video, history of M1 30 Carbine i found this video in youtube also i am going to post a picture of my M1 30 Carbine at the same time i like to invite all the IFG member who have this Carbine to come forward with picture of there Carbine so we can keep the history of M1 30Carbine alive. Come on guy's with the picture. :cheers:

Baljit
Link for the video -

[youtube][/youtube]

Here is mine M1 30Carbine,i buy this Carbine about 9 years ago from old guy who work with me, his dad's serve in WW2 and he have his dad's Carbine , same Carbine his dad sarve with in WW2 i like to buy that one but he dont whana sell that one but he sell this to me, the onlything i did with this Carbine i change the stock because stock is in very rough shape, if you guy's like it let me know.
[ Image ]

Nice carbine it is Baljit
FIGHT FOR RIGHT UNTILL DEATH

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:49 pm

Thank you Glock25!!!

Baljit