New Poster by Oleg

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

New Poster by Oleg

Post by xl_target » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:52 pm

“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

For Advertising mail webmaster
conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: New Poster by Oleg

Post by conty1 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:49 pm

As much as I like the picture and the message it conveys, I am not sure of the choice of the guns for self defense :)

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

Oleg Volk
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Oleg Volk » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:53 pm

The Sig 225 carried by Danica is her actual carry gun. The FAL is a bit long for her, but it makes a nice photo prop. Keltec RFB uses FAL magazines and shoots the same .308, and that rifle she can run very well.

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:33 am

Very nice picture XL I hope I am going to play with same toy as well when I am in IFG Meet 2012 ,I am looking forward for that.

Enjoy
Baljit

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:36 pm

Thanks Baljit. I sure hope we can.

Full size photo here:
http://olegvolk.net/gallery/technology/ ... ewsIndex=1
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Oleg Volk
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Oleg Volk » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:24 pm

If somebody wants to print this, let me know and I will prove a much larger file.

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:50 am

A very sensible advertisement.
i can see your ccw is well concealed.what if the ladies are permitted to carry their gun openly?(as your daughter on the ad)
will it reduce the crime rate against women?
regards

Oleg Volk
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Oleg Volk » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:56 am

In both Tennessee and Minnesota, open carry is legal and sometimes used.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:10 am

Dr Jaykumar,

Actually if you look carefully, my handgun is not concealed. It is just that my elbow is covering it. You can see the front loop of the holster over the belt.

There are some other states that specify "concealed" but the Minnesota Permit is called a "permit to carry a pistol". It says nothing about "concealed". Most people carry concealed but it is perfectly legal to open carry. The nice thing about it is that if you are carrying concealed, and your handgun accidentally becomes visible, it is no big deal.

Each state has its own gun laws and some states specify that your handgun must be concealed. Texas is one of them and inadvertently showing your handgun can get you in trouble.
For example:
Note: From the Texas DPS FAQ’s
Q: What does "concealed" mean?
A: "Concealed" means that the weapon cannot be visible, and that its presence cannot be discernible
through ordinary observation. It is a criminal offense for a license holder to carry a handgun in plain
view, or to intentionally fail to conceal the weapon.

Some state like Arizona and Alaska have what is called "constitutional carry". If you are over 21 years of age and not legally prohibited from carrying a weapon, you can carry concealed or openly and no permit is required.

There is no "all-US" permit. Some states honor the permits of some other states and some states honor permits from different states. Some states have non resident permits that are honored by other states. Some states only honor resident permits. It can be very confusing and it is imperative on you to find out what conditions exist in a different state. The only saving grace is a federal law that allows you to have unloaded weapons in your trunk if you are crossing through a state. This allows you to transport your firearms over state lines and as long as you are just transiting a state, you are not subject to their laws (provided that you follow the federal guidelines for storage i.e. unloaded in the trunk).

If you are interested in looking at the various state laws, Handgunlaw.us is a good site.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:12 pm

Great poster with a great message.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

drifter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by drifter » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:43 pm

Dear xl_target,

Nice poster. Unless you mentioned that you had a holster I would not have been able to spot it.

regards,
drifter.

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:49 pm

Nice pic, conveys lot of message.

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:49 pm

:cpix: great poster! :cheers:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!