My 10 Meter Shooting Group.

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
slingshot
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

My 10 Meter Shooting Group.

Post by slingshot » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:51 pm

5 shot group yesterday at the Veer Savarkar shooting range. Went to the range after a very long hiatus of almost 4 months. Though I was expecting the worst, was really surprised at the good shooting. Was one of the days, when its like magic. This was my best group yesterday :) And I know that this is nowhere close to some of the chaps who shoot at the Range. But it felt good :)

I plan to get more consistent and shoot better. I am still using my break barrel HW 30 S and it is a really good springer at 10 meters.

Range : 10 meters
Position : Standing
Air Rifle : Weihrauch HW 30S
Rifle type : Spring powered break barrel
Caliber : 0.177
Number of shots : 05 from same position
65580_10151570100173064_1826804339_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There is no downside to Freedom!

For Advertising mail webmaster
TC
Veteran
Veteran

Re: My 10 Meter Shooting Group.

Post by TC » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:21 pm

Hmm,

Hand that rocks a knife also plays with a gun.... deadly combination :D

Good going slingshot.

Cheers

TC

slingshot
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by slingshot » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:22 pm

Also :

Pellets : H&N Field Target
Sights : Stock open sights

slingshot
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by slingshot » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:32 pm

TC wrote:Hmm,

Hand that rocks a knife also plays with a gun.... deadly combination :D

Good going slingshot.

Cheers

TC
Thank you TC. My love for air rifles actually started much before my penchant for blades. I still have the 1948 BSA Cadet Major that belonged to my dad, and I started plinking with. Got it refurbished a few months ago :)

And some of my fondest memories of airgunning are linked to Calcutta. I used to work at The Oberoi Grand and one of my friends used to stay at Fort William. He had a brace of air rifles. Both Diana's. And we used to spend great afternoons plinking away in his back yard. However, I have only recently started going to the range. So very early days and I hope I get better :)

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:45 pm

Slingshot,

That's great Slingshot. That means we used to work quite close to each other and spend our time at the same places :D
I love my ARs too and have taken care of the antique beauties. I am sure you saw my album.

(My only BSA is an under lever Model 2 Club Rifle !!)

By the way do you wear prescription lenses for hypermetropia and see less in the left eye ?

TC

slingshot
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by slingshot » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:05 pm

TC wrote:Slingshot,

That's great Slingshot. That means we used to work quite close to each other and spend our time at the same places :D
I love my ARs too and have taken care of the antique beauties. I am sure you saw my album.

(My only BSA is an under lever Model 2 Club Rifle !!)

By the way do you wear prescription lenses for hypermetropia and see less in the left eye ?

TC
I saw the antique beauties some time ago TC. Your collection is outstanding :)

And I dont have hypermetropia. See perfectly with both eyes still :)

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:18 pm

Thanks slingshot,

Asked you about the eyes because since birth I see very little with my left eye without glasses and every time I shoot after a long hiatus my groups spread a little towards the right. After about 10 shots I get them back to the centre... ROTFL ROTFL These days I can't even make out one man's face from the other with my left eye... ROTFL ROTFL

:cheers:

TC
Last edited by TC on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:12 pm

Hi Slingshot,
> Great groups pal - after a hiatus of 4 months + :D
> An inner voice tells me that "Shooting" is somewhat like "Swimming" & "Cycling" - Once you have learned the basics in your formative years to keep afloat & astride, it just takes a little while to get back into action :D
> The only hassle for us as city dwellers is the lack of a protected open space to plink regardless :roll:
> Keep it up - Let's see a Hole in Hole pic soon :lol:
Briha

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:29 pm

brihacharan wrote:Hi Slingshot,
> Great groups pal - after a hiatus of 4 months + :D
> An inner voice tells me that "Shooting" is somewhat like "Swimming" & "Cycling" - Once you have learned the basics in your formative years to keep afloat & astride, it just takes a little while to get back into action :D
> The only hassle for us as city dwellers is the lack of a protected open space to plink regardless :roll:
> Keep it up - Let's see a Hole in Hole pic soon :lol:
Briha

:agree: :agree: :agree:

TC

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:33 pm

Absolutely classic shooting slingshot ! Very tight group - almost at par with 'em real-time AR competitive shooters. If the group had shifted left by a couple of rings we all would have seen it for what it really is - tight grouping around dead center. But then "scoring" is only second to the real joy of shooting where the shot is desired to land, right ? :-) My best wishes for days to come and groups to tighten. :cheers:

tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirpassion » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:45 pm

Dear friends,
If I may add on something...
It is not abnormal to shoot very well after a long break. Why? The conscious mind does not have the confidence (oh God, i did not practice for so long), so the dependence is totally wrested on the skills one had/has, shunning totally the fear factor (I am not supposed to shoot well because i did not have practice; so I do not care anyway but I will do my best). One works without hoping to get the result and concentrates totally on his/her skills thereby confiding on the sub-conscious. The unfettered sub-conscious takes over the show. The result which follows is something to raise a toast on. :D
The key is to memorize the sensation, the exquisite feeling you had during those five shots and to jot that down in the minutest details possible. Then onwards, read the same, feel the same and do your best to revive the same sensation. The result will follow on it's own.

best regards
tirpassion

slingshot
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by slingshot » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:21 pm

tirpassion wrote:Dear friends,
If I may add on something...
It is not abnormal to shoot very well after a long break. Why? The conscious mind does not have the confidence (oh God, i did not practice for so long), so the dependence is totally wrested on the skills one had/has, shunning totally the fear factor (I am not supposed to shoot well because i did not have practice; so I do not care anyway but I will do my best). One works without hoping to get the result and concentrates totally on his/her skills thereby confiding on the sub-conscious. The unfettered sub-conscious takes over the show. The result which follows is something to raise a toast on. :D
The key is to memorize the sensation, the exquisite feeling you had during those five shots and to jot that down in the minutest details possible. Then onwards, read the same, feel the same and do your best to revive the same sensation. The result will follow on it's own.

best regards
tirpassion
Amazing analysis Tirpassion :) And great advice too. I think i shall write down the feeling and relive it everytime i face the black dot at 10 meters :)

slingshot
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by slingshot » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:23 pm

airgun_novice wrote:Absolutely classic shooting slingshot ! Very tight group - almost at par with 'em real-time AR competitive shooters. If the group had shifted left by a couple of rings we all would have seen it for what it really is - tight grouping around dead center. But then "scoring" is only second to the real joy of shooting where the shot is desired to land, right ? :-) My best wishes for days to come and groups to tighten. :cheers:
Thank you for the encouragement AGN. And you are right. The real fun is in shooting and enjoying the rush :) will keep at it :)

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:10 am

Amazing analysis Tirpassion :) And great advice too.
:agree:

TC

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:48 pm

> Thus spake tirpassion :D (a la Shakespeare!)
"The key is to memorize the sensation, the exquisite feeling you had during those five shots and to jot that down in the minutest details possible. Then onwards, read the same, feel the same and do your best to revive the same sensation. The result will follow on it's own".
:agree:

> This led me to think as to why Farmers let their land to fallow - before planting the next crop!
> It's the much deserved rest that helps the land to "Rejuvenate" to produce a better crop :D
> Likewise a bit of a "Layoff" does wonders to one's performance - No anxiety, nervousness, uncertainty, expectations etc.
> In this state of bliss the mind & body are at peace with one another - a state of balance / equilibrium pervades head to toe....Nirvana :D
Briha