Firing Line ---part 2

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Firing Line ---part 2

Post by Hunter » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:24 pm

Sorry had to extend the post....this is the 25 and 50 mts firing range and the Dianas...

For Advertising mail webmaster
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:39 pm

Hi, Good pics. Can you post via photobucket please?You can post more close ups of the air rifles...

tell us more about the air rifles, range location and the 45.
Are you allowed the same range for the air rifles and 45? while the backstop berms seem adequate, its the zinc sheet (?) backing which may possibly cause a ricochet :(
Thanks
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Firing Line ---part 2

Post by Hunter » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:42 am

Hi there,
well the range is located in Bombay at the Worli seaface to be precise.
They have 2 ten mt airgun ranges and one 25 mt and 50 mt firearm range.
I rather not shoot my airguns on the airgun ranges as the last time I peppered the small metal deflector on the airgun range with my HW90 in .22 cal. I now only use my air-rifles on the 25 mt firearm range.

About the 25/50 mt ranges ,what u cant see in the photos are 1/4 inch or less thick metal plates which are slanted downwards into a ditch.This is placed behind the target boards.Hence bullets are deflected downwards iso of a ricochet happenning. The red galvanized tin sheets that u see are only placed about 10 yds away from the firing line at the 50mts range. What they are there for I dont know!

Hope this addresses your concern somewhat!

About the airguns well they are a GAMO CFX Royal in .22 caliber,A Diana 52 again in .22 and the Diana 35 in .177(with a spare .22cal barrel).I will try and post more photos via photobucket the next time!

The .45 is a Colt1911 A1.I have installed a full length guide rod,match barrel bushing(to aid accuracy a bit),extended slide stop and pachmayr rubber grips (to tame the recoil).I also use a heavy 22 ft pound recoil spring,which aids in dampening the stout recoil experienced using 230 gr hardball ammo.

I hope I have answered all your queries!

Regards.......

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:52 am

Hunter, the back stop / berm ans is appreciated. However, I'll bnever run out of questions for a lucky owner of a 45 in India.
Is its fauji issue 45 that you have decked up? Is the spring a Wolff?
Is 230 FMJ the only ammo available in India ? I used 185gr cast bullets-gas check et al and a 22lb Wolff spring in S.Africa a long time ago...
Sure look forward to your air rifle pics-am a recent convert ;)
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Firing Line ---part 2

Post by Hunter » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:10 pm

Hello again,

You are spot on, the piece is a fauji! It belonged to a Col. and was apparently carried by this gentleman during the 65/71 wars!....something I cannot confirm though!But thats all there is to it...just carried never used! The most of the blueing is long gone due to holster wear.I have removed the prinstine original spring, slide stop and will do so the hammer,trigger as soon as I can source replacement after market parts for the same. I already have a spare ss magazine now. This piece rolled off the production line in 1948 as per serial no.records.

I use a Wilson mainspring rated at 22fl.lbs. Unfortunately 230gr ball ammo is all we can buy here,and its steep at rs 150 a pop!It feeds very positively with the same so no complaints.

I am toying with the idea of getting this gun blued but a lot of people have advised me against doing so as this would decrease its value!

I converted full time to air-rifles about 8 years ago ,as one cannot fire a full bore rifle at many places now and hunting is banned. The dilapidating countryside and open spaces does not help either.
Backyard airgunning is just as fun as any big game hunt with all the fun elements thrown in!

Take care..........