Sharing Pics of hunts

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
Post Reply
Martin Clarke
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:46 am

Sharing Pics of hunts

Post by Martin Clarke » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:32 am

Hi Everyone,
Attached are some pics of my hunts. Hope you like them.
I use the 270 most of the time & sometimes the 375.
Where I mention 308, it belongs to my friend (Tika-T3)
Regards.....Martin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
User avatar
Chengy
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Bengaluru

Re: Sharing Pics of hunts

Post by Chengy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:30 am

The wild boar look very different to the ones here in India. More like domesticated pigs. How come no tusks ?

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true
Posts: 607
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:28 pm
Location: India

Re: Sharing Pics of hunts

Post by marksman » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:15 am

These are feral pigs, domesticated gone wild. Looks like all are shot at night. Guess its perfectly legal in your country for certain species. It was always illegal to shoot game animals in artificial light in India, with the exception of Big Cats and that too was allowed only from a stationary platform (Machaan) over a bait or a kill. JFYI.
Marksman

Martin Clarke
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:46 am

Re: Sharing Pics of hunts

Post by Martin Clarke » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:19 pm

All introduced species in Australia (in the wild) are considered feral pests - Rabbit, Cat, Fox, Wild Dog, Pig, Deer (several species) Donkey, Horse, Camel & Buffalo - and legal to shoot them under spotlight. My father shot many leopards, around Jhansi and in MP, but never used a Machaan! Always stalked and shot them, or during walks/haaka, while hunting deer. I am not sure - are you referring to declared man-eaters being shot from a Machaan with torch/spotlight, or under the bag / permit system in the old days, - I understand it was only during daylight hours??

Most of the feral pigs here originate from domestic stock. They have reverted back to the wild, and are thriving, as they can adapt in desert areas, tropical forest, as well as very cold climes. Unlike the wild boar, most of the pigs here grow very quickly (at the farmers' expense) and do not grow large tusks till they are two or three years old.

User avatar
sumbriavikramaditya
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:37 am
Location: Jammu, J&K

Re: Sharing Pics of hunts

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:28 pm

Good kills. Killing pests must be legal everywhere. We too have large numbers of wild boar at our farms. But I can only watch them through my riflescope. :(

Martin Clarke
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:46 am

Re: Sharing Pics of hunts

Post by Martin Clarke » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:13 am

Chengy wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:30 am
The wild boar look very different to the ones here in India. More like domesticated pigs. How come no tusks ?
Hi Arun, Have tried to send you a PM. Unfortunately I can only send PMs after a certain number of Posts. I am not on WhatsApp; hence cannot get in touch. You may email me at my office address - [email protected] Regards...Martin

User avatar
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot
Posts: 5104
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 5:53 pm
Location: New Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: Sharing Pics of hunts

Post by mundaire » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:52 am

Martin Clarke wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:13 am
Chengy wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:30 am
The wild boar look very different to the ones here in India. More like domesticated pigs. How come no tusks ?
Hi Arun, Have tried to send you a PM. Unfortunately I can only send PMs after a certain number of Posts. I am not on WhatsApp; hence cannot get in touch. You may email me at my office address - [email protected] Regards...Martin
The limits are removed once you cross 15 posts, so you're almost there! :)
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Martin Clarke
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:46 am

Re: Sharing Pics of hunts

Post by Martin Clarke » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:14 am

mundaire wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:52 am
Martin Clarke wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:13 am
Chengy wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:30 am
The wild boar look very different to the ones here in India. More like domesticated pigs. How come no tusks ?
Hi Arun, Have tried to send you a PM. Unfortunately I can only send PMs after a certain number of Posts. I am not on WhatsApp; hence cannot get in touch. You may email me at my office address - [email protected] Regards...Martin
The limits are removed once you cross 15 posts, so you're almost there! :)
Thanks Mundaire. :agree:

Zimik
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 8:26 am

Re: Sharing Pics of hunts

Post by Zimik » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:32 pm

Nice!!
Good kill..
Wish I could enjoy the hunt..

Shivaji.Dasgupta
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)
Posts: 339
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:40 am

Re: Sharing Pics of hunts

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:23 pm

Good kill
Regards

Shivaji

Post Reply