Request for Help (posting photos)!

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
Martin Clarke
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Request for Help (posting photos)!

Post by Martin Clarke » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:08 am

Hello Members,
I have not been able to upload photos from my PC to this forum page.
Photos taken by my Nikon DX40, and transferred to my PC - Size varies between 4MB and 4.82MB.
Any suggestions or tricks ??
Thanks.....Martin

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Request for Help!!

Post by mundaire » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:57 am

Hi Martin,

Large image size uploads can be problematic, I usually downsize and optimize photos before posting them here (decent viewable size photos can easily be gotten down to 500Kb or less). The other alternative is to use another service to host the photos, in the past people used to use photobucket, but they've gotten greedy now and want people to pay a $6 monthly fee :P Some of the easy free alternatives are:

If you use Gmail, or Hotmail (any service which supports uploading photos to it), then you can create a folder in google drive/ microsoft one drive and set contents of that folder as viewable by anyone with a sharing link.

Upload your photos to that folder.

The go to the photo, click on share photo and copy the share link.

Post this link in your post, the photo should be visible once you click on submit. You can also click on preview to see how the photo will look in your post before finally clicking on submit.

HTH

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Martin Clarke
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Request for Help (posting photos)!

Post by Martin Clarke » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:28 pm

Thanks Mundaire,
Much appreciated - will try it out.
Regards.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Request for Help (posting photos)!

Post by mundaire » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:14 pm

Just made a quick "how to", please see - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=27318&p=261131#p261131
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein