My Guns

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

My Guns

Post by Anand » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:42 am

Hello All,
This my first time posting pictures through photobucket so please bear with me. This a picture of my FEG Hi Power pistol, imported in 2003. It was originally in 9mm and had fixed sights. I had a Smith & Wesson Revolver rear sight added in the existing rear sight dovetail, and had it converted to .30 bore in the USA. The front sight is a custom affair. It is far more accurate than I am. My camera is broken so am unable to take newer better pictures for now.
Regards,
Anand
P.S: New camera newer pics.
.30 FEG PJK 9HP Hi Power Pistol

.315 IOF Rifle with a single piece buttstock

P.S :Replaced my webley with a Smith + Added a .22 Rifle and a .275 Rifle, photos in a bit. :D
Last edited by Anand on Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:47 am, edited 9 times in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:00 pm

Very nice gun...

Anand";p="64316 wrote: ...It is far more accurate than I am. ...
:)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

penpusher

Re: My Pistol

Post by penpusher » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:33 pm

Anand";p="64316 wrote: Hello All,
This my first time posting pictures through photobucket so please bear with me. This a picture of my FEG Hi Power pistol, imported in 2003. It was originally in 9mm and had fixed sights. I had a Smith & Wesson Revolver rear sight added in the existing rear sight dovetail, and had it converted to .30 bore in the USA. The front sight is a custom affair. It is far more accurate than I am. This is an old picture, my camera is broken so am unable to take newer better pictures for now.
Regards,
Anand

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo31 ... C01713.jpg
If,by .30 bore you mean a .30 Luger,that would have been a pretty straight forward conversion.If however you got it converted to .30 Tokarev,that would be pretty interesting.Do share what all the conversion entailed.Must be a damn good gunsmith to get it to feed the longer bottle neck cartridge.Interesting choice of pistol as well.

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:51 pm

Hi penpusher,
Its been converted using a Browning Hi power barrel in .30 Luger. However, it was'nt as straightforward as in just dropping in a barrel. The barrels external contours are different from a 9mm barrel. The .30 Luger's Outer diameter is lesser than the 9mm's. So the slide bushing (the part that centers the barrel in the slide at the muzzle end) had to be newley machined and fitted.

This sort of a system of differing outer diameters for 9mm and .30 Luger barrels seems to be there only in the Browning Hi Power model, the slide is also thinner in the browning Hi Power in .30 Luger. In all other 9mm/.30 Luger conversions such as the Sig, Colt 1911, Ruger, Walther P-38 etc the slides are the same and all barrel external dimensions are the same.

The pistol itself was a "gift" from a gunsmith friend of mine and we have consecutive serial numbers. He also did the conversion as a "Christmas Gift". I have sentimental attachment to it, otherwise I would have very likely imported an actual Browning Hi Power thus converted.

Anand

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:00 pm

Anand,

Thanks for the detailed reply.Getting .30 Luger ammo is a problem,I believe.I know of a person who has a Luger in this caliber.FEG makes good guns going by what is written about them.