My Glock 22 RTF

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Re: My Glock 22 RTF

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:12 am

The HK4 would ideal for India.Maybe you can find an unused one lying around somewhere.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:26 pm

rcdoma wrote:Thanks Anand and Winnie! I will only impoort 50 cartridges unless I can absolutely confirm otherwise. Its always good to know all possible options and opinions of other members especially of those who've "been there and done that" :-) .

I'm glad Marksman put it out there, so we can do a little more digging. We might even get lucky and someone who has done it or has legal knowledge might clarify things for the benefit of the community.

Winnie, I wanted to get that HK but its not in production and I didn't want a used one. As long as the law says that conversions using same frame are considered one firearm, conversion kits/barrels should be okay whether from same mfr or otherwise. Worst case, we might need a court order saying the same :).
Rcdoma,

Bringing a fire arm on TR,knowing that ammo for that cal is not available in India,is in my mind not the best decision,unless off course you travel extremely often and can bring the ammo with you every time you return,painful but possible given the desperate situation.

I dont think conversion kits are allowed........so it is likely that bringing in a .22 and a .30 kit isnt going to fly with the authorities in our neck of the woods both with the Customs at the time of clearing & the police at the time of endorsement on your lic.

My 2 cents,since in the US merchandise can always be returned within 30 days,return the .40 :( & get one in .380...ammo for that is freely available....it will command a good price too....
Last edited by Risala on Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by james » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:46 pm

Sanjay i agree with you, check this link even hi-cap magazine is also avaliable,
http://highcapacityglockmagazines.com/glock28.php
James...

rcdoma
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rcdoma » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:07 am

Winnie, you're right about the HK4, only problem would be unavailability of spares.

Sanjay, you are right about choosing a caliber available in India. I wanted reliability, durability, easy availability of spares and am prepared to deal with the hassle of getting the ammo on my way back from overseas trips. Am stuck with my Glock, since firearms and ammo cannot be returned due to safety regulations. Ofcourse, I can always get rid of it on gunbroker later :)

James, a Glock in 380 ACP would have been my first choice but unfortunately, its unavailable to civilians in US. People who live in countries where they can get this must have it on their shortlist :)

rogerstar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rogerstar » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:11 am

Congratulation's Ram on your new acquisition ! Hope that all goes off well with your import.Please keep the forum posted of any new developments, for the benefit of our fellow members.From memory, I recollect that some one from here has imported a .40 Glock.

Good Luck !

Raj.

rcdoma
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rcdoma » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:08 pm

Thanks Raj! I will be sharing my TR experience when I import it.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:53 am

Congrats rcdoma

Glock is a phenomenal pistol. This months American Rfileman ( NRA) magazine rates Glock ( only contemporary) in top 10 handguns ever other in company were venerable 1911 Colt .45, Walther PPK and HP Browning.

Just to clarify so Glock doesnt sell its .380 pistols in US?
Enjoy your gun.

Best

rcdoma
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rcdoma » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:36 am

Thanks Navi! I got the magazine a week after I bought the Glock, for some reason NRA stuff takes forever to get to me. I went ahead and changed my subscription to the digital version, so I don't have to wait for the magazine to arrive by snail mail :)

Yes, that's right! Glocks in 380 ACP are not available to civilians in US as they do not have enough points to meet minimum import requirements, they are only imported for institutional sales to LE/Govt agencies. Of course, you can always get an odd one on gunsamerica/gunbroker once in a bluemoon :)

I can't find your number, could you please PM it.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:52 am

RC

Check your PM

Best

rcdoma
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rcdoma » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:24 pm

Navi, I have'nt gotten your PM, looks like there is a problem with the system. I've sent you one, could you reply to that -thanks!

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:34 am

hey Ram,

as per my knowledge on transfer of residence you can bring only sporting firearm, I was looking, some time ago, into such possibility also.

I may be wrong, but you should have get it clear with Indian custom.

You can get nice Walther 22LR target pistol, if it is the case.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/ ... sFirearm=Y

cheers
subal
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

rcdoma
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rcdoma » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:52 am

Thanks for sharing your concerns Subal!

Any NP bore weapon can be imported on TR, whereas target model is a must for renowned shooters and rifle clubs.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:25 pm

as per my knowledge on transfer of residence you can bring only sporting firearm,
I don't see why a Glock couldn't be considered a sporting firearm. It is quite popular with competitors who shoot IDPA, USPSA, etc. matches.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:56 pm

Also I recollect another statement - those who transferring should have valid Indian license for that fire arm.

Hardly Glock can be treated as target weapon in India, here is ISSF kind of weapons would be considered as target or competition weapons.

I'm not an expert in this area, so keep in mind I can be wrong. For me personally going trough all those hard work does not worth owning Glock.
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"