Re: Super 30709 Shooting Sale :)

Comments and ratings about buyers and sellers, in the "Buy/ Sell" section.
Forum rules
Please use "Positive"or "Negative", and name of the buyer or seller with whom you've dealt, in the subject title.
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:06 am

Good to know that there is a positive outcome out of this,TenX.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

For Advertising mail webmaster
snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:01 am

Ten X. First of i dont know how you actually shipped that before receiving the payment. I for one would surely not do that.
I hope that chap does pay up, please do put up his name if he fails do do so. (even if he paid i would encourage you to put up his name so that others dealing with him will be cautious)
Best of luck mate.
/s/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

Ticky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ticky » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:54 pm

Hi TenX!

I think you should give some time for the person to pay up and if he does'nt pay within the stipulated time, then you should report the person's name openly in this forum. Further to this, I request the mods to BAN such users from this forum if they do not respond to the post after being named.

If such serious actions are not taken, no one will have trust on each other in this forum and members will start loosing interest in it. Shame on such people! :evil:

Hope TenX gets his dues.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:05 pm

TenX,

Sorry but something is not right here.Why so coy about naming the person?

"There is a person who has cheated me.He is an old member here.The money I have been cheated of is Rs.16,000/-"

HOWEVER "I will not name the person"

WHY NOT?

If you are not going to name the person then why post at all.What purpose is going to be served by making this post?

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:37 pm

This is "beat the grass" technique :-) so either the snake is revealed or it gets killed.
/s/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:48 pm

Winnie...
I will hope to clarify again.

I had mentioned that I am quoting a tale gone wrong, and have specified that we should learn to deal better in future. Cited from the msg:
My sad tale aside, I am only mentioning this so that others, who set up sales on the forum, should be cautious.
How much ever you trust anyone, please do not make any goof up of couriering goods before monetary transactions (like me)!

I only meant to let everyone know that deals can turn sour from the best of individuals, and we should therefore make it a practice, rule or habit to ensure payment before delivery.

I do hope that answers your question of If you are not going to name the person then why post at all.What purpose is going to be served by making this post?
:)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:01 pm

TenX wrote:Winnie...
I will hope to clarify again.

I had mentioned that I am quoting a tale gone wrong, and have specified that we should learn to deal better in future. Cited from the msg:
My sad tale aside, I am only mentioning this so that others, who set up sales on the forum, should be cautious.
How much ever you trust anyone, please do not make any goof up of couriering goods before monetary transactions (like me)!

I only meant to let everyone know that deals can turn sour from the best of individuals, and we should therefore make it a practice, rule or habit to ensure payment before delivery.

I do hope that answers your question of If you are not going to name the person then why post at all.What purpose is going to be served by making this post?

Tenex,
i have been following your posts.
While there is no clear mention of which item was reserved for whom in the original posting-and i am not a forensic accountant-I am glad you understand the caveat emptor be primary in all dealings, on this forum , or other forums which you visit/moderate.
en passant, have you also posted a similar caveat on the other forums you are on?
Would appreciate it if you could PM me more details.As you you have mentioned IFG and members, it is in our interest to know details.
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:49 pm

Dear Doc Axx
Thanks for the post. I have made a mention of this caveat in other forums too, and have only requested everyone to mind this aspect for future deals.
I will send you a separate PM of other details worth considering.
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

happyhunter
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by happyhunter » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:45 pm

One must not neglect considering a vice versa situation wherein you are paying up for an item which does not materialise...... This is the other side of the same coin /transaction . What is the remedy proposed? I think the proposals from Subal das and Bruno 22 are relevant in this context. hh
Beware that you do not lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. Aesop fables(ca.550BC)