HONOURARY MEMBERS OF TIME WASTERS CLUB

Comments and ratings about buyers and sellers, in the "Buy/ Sell" section.
Forum rules
Please use "Positive"or "Negative", and name of the buyer or seller with whom you've dealt, in the subject title.
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: HONOURARY MEMBERS OF TIME WASTERS CLUB

Post by eljefe » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:06 pm

gunrunner wrote:
kb100 wrote:I think only one rule needs to be incorporated here ...

.. anyone is free to change their mind anytime - but courtesy demands that the decision has to be conveyed/intimated to the seller.

As a matter of abundant caution banking details should be sought (and given) only when you are ready to make payment - as ready to make the payment immediately on receipt of banking details.

For chronic cases - you can either refuse to trade - or ask for a DD.

Lastly - there is VERY LITTLE anyone can do with just a bank account number. Lets not get carried away with the conspiracy theories. :lol:

BUYER and SELLER -- BEWARE!!
Hi KB100,
:agree:
Happy Gunning
GR

-- Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:10 am --
kanwar76 wrote:
gunrunner wrote: Hi Inder,
Where does IFG come in the picture to take a Theka or take care of dealings of sellers of any sort.What iam trying to put across is a stop to the menace of bank data collection that's all.
Tire kickers are welcome but only to the stage of inquiry not upto peoples bank accounts.
"Member will be asked for clarification and guilty will be punished accordingly"-thats what i was looking for,some mechanism to stop this nuisance.
Happy Gunning
Regards
GR
Have you even informed MODS about the said member even once before starting this thread?
I dint want any action against him,all that was/is intended is to make him change his way of dealing on the forum,thats all.
If i had any ulterior motive/intention i would have mentioned his name(like striker did about Ticky),dint want to embarass him on the forum.
Informing MODS would have meant a warning issued to himor something else-which wasnt the intention.
Thats also the reason i kept asking can MODS help in anyway to end this practice.Not knowing in what way MODS would intervene,because a sale and purchase is not the responsibility of the MODS or IFG
GR
You know GR, I caught up on this thread after a while and think you are a tyre kicker here on IFG.
you dont want to name , you dont inform the MODs, you dont have any ulterior motive,you dont want any action against him, but looks like you have no b%lls either. YET-you want action.Suggest you stop whinging, roll with the blows and worse case scenario, start an ashram and pray for world peace.
Next time you have a boring afternoon, dont come tyre kicking around here, or I'll do some tyre kicking
I must applaud you for the hope and belief in the Mods' ESP
Must have been a boring afternoon when you posted this?
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

For Advertising mail webmaster
gunrunner
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by gunrunner » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:41 pm

Eljefe,
ThankGod you woke up. :roll: :roll: :roll:
its your problem if you had dozed off for such a long time :wink: :wink: :wink:
There are lot of trigger happy people ,looking for target practise,so one has to be careful what one says( in general) and also what one says about others.
Hence talking about the problem in general,without naming any person in particular.

Mods are the ones who run the show,hence the hope in them,anything wrong in it???
Thankyou for the kind words.
GR

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:18 pm

Gunrunner
Thanks to your smiley's, am wide awake.
Absolutely my prob, for NOT taking a call on you earlier.
Just checked on the CONTRIBUTION of your presence-65posts , almost all peddling, some 'wah wah' ing, in a bid to get more buyers.
NOTHING contributory. Waste of IFG Bandwidth.
You have made more than a fair bit of money here, havent you?
The only way I can think of safeguarding your interests is to possibly stop you from peddling your wares here.

Am still not decided about this:

"...There are lot of trigger happy people ,looking for target practise,so one has to be careful what one says( in general) and also what one says about others.,,"

A very tongue in cheek piece of advice to me to be careful? for what I said about you?
or what?
Am I to construe this as a threat made on an open forum?

My crystal ball is cloudy, doesnt know what I'm going to do next,watch this space.

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:33 pm

seems like you two need separate room
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:53 pm

more like separate forums
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:21 pm

Not really a good old fashioned punch up never hurts. I think Gunrunner has gone on and on about something which has been the norm for years. Guys will ask for details and then back away, it happens on every forum. To expect the mods to jump in every time a deal goes South is a bit much. The forum is for discussions on guns and a place to discuss ideas. Selling and buying is the least of the mods concerns.

It was fun when we commented on prices and had great fights when we called people thugs for being thugs.
Sigh...miss those days when specially when a certain big whip would cut people to size without threats just nice acidic, vitriolic words.

So let's not go on and on about tire kickers and times wasters. Might make a certain bandido forget his manners. :twisted:
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

gunrunner
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by gunrunner » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:31 am

dev wrote:Not really a good old fashioned punch up never hurts. I think Gunrunner has gone on and on about something which has been the norm for years. Guys will ask for details and then back away, it happens on every forum. To expect the mods to jump in every time a deal goes South is a bit much. The forum is for discussions on guns and a place to discuss ideas. Selling and buying is the least of the mods concerns.

It was fun when we commented on prices and had great fights when we called people thugs for being thugs.
Sigh...miss those days when specially when a certain big whip would cut people to size without threats just nice acidic, vitriolic words.

So let's not go on and on about tire kickers and times wasters. Might make a certain bandido forget his manners. :twisted:
Hi Dev,
I havent posted anything this time about time wasters.
No deal went bad,he had done this thrice,thats why i was alarmed-as to what his intentions were.
Was just replying to Eljefe's post.
Happy Gunning

-- Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:48 am --
eljefe wrote:Gunrunner
Thanks to your smiley's, am wide awake.
Absolutely my prob, for NOT taking a call on you earlier.
Just checked on the CONTRIBUTION of your presence-65posts , almost all peddling, some 'wah wah' ing, in a bid to get more buyers.
NOTHING contributory. Waste of IFG Bandwidth.
You have made more than a fair bit of money here, havent you?
The only way I can think of safeguarding your interests is to possibly stop you from peddling your wares here.

Am still not decided about this:

"...There are lot of trigger happy people ,looking for target practise,so one has to be careful what one says( in general) and also what one says about others.,,"

A very tongue in cheek piece of advice to me to be careful? for what I said about you?
or what?
Am I to construe this as a threat made on an open forum?

My crystal ball is cloudy, doesnt know what I'm going to do next,watch this space.
Eljefe,
With reference to the last two lines.
It was not advice to you or anybody else nor is it by any means a threat to you or anybody else.
I was saying it my context that if i said something against some member which doesnt go down well with the mods i might invite action(thats why one has to be careful).
Thats the reason i dint ask for any action against the member(nor disclose his name),just asked mods what way this menace of data collection could be controlled.
Regarding my contribution,if this was an agriculture or horticulture forum i could have made some valuable contribution.
Was given to understand that this is a gun lovers forum(where i am still a learner),thats why i am here not otherwise.
GR

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:45 am

Dear Gunrunner,

If you wanted to have a wrong redressed then you must name the buyer, so that as you say other's shouldn't have to go through it. Then another thing I can't understand is why would you let someone trick you three times. Normally one bad experience should have made you wary.
As far as contributions go, you don't have to wear the experts' hat. Even if you write an account of the experience of shooting a firearm or air rifle that should be a positive contribution. Basically sharing anything of gun related matter will help to make the forum more fun.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

gunrunner
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by gunrunner » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:54 am

dev wrote:Dear Gunrunner,

If you wanted to have a wrong redressed then you must name the buyer, so that as you say other's shouldn't have to go through it. Then another thing I can't understand is why would you let someone trick you three times. Normally one bad experience should have made you wary.
As far as contributions go, you don't have to wear the experts' hat. Even if you write an account of the experience of shooting a firearm or air rifle that should be a positive contribution. Basically sharing anything of gun related matter will help to make the forum more fun.

Regards,

Dev
:agree:
Happy Gunning
GR

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:31 am

which bit do you agree with?

are you going to tell us the name of the buyer, or acknowledge it was silly of you to get conned thrice, or the last remark?
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

nash
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by nash » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:15 pm

JUST STOP IT GUYS!!
"I would rather be hated for who I am..
Than be loved for who I am not"

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:04 pm

gunrunner wrote:Regarding my contribution,if this was an agriculture or horticulture forum i could have made some valuable contribution.

Thank the mercies its not! We would go like the titanic with all the BS you would contribute!

Was given to understand that this is a gun lovers forum(where i am still a learner),thats why i am here not otherwise.
GR

Not bad, for a newbie at guns, you seem to have a great acumen for 'gun related 'business. nevermind if you dont know a 12 bore muzzle from a hole in the ground, eh?
Agriculturte, horticulture can go to blazes, you have laughed all the way to the bank with your newbie sales technique.awesome.You are here to sell your stuff and thats all, Jai Ho.

gunrunner
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by gunrunner » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:48 am

eljefe wrote:
gunrunner wrote:Regarding my contribution,if this was an agriculture or horticulture forum i could have made some valuable contribution.

Thank the mercies its not! We would go like the titanic with all the BS you would contribute!

GR

Not bad, for a newbie at guns, you seem to have a great acumen for 'gun related 'business. nevermind if you dont know a 12 bore muzzle from a hole in the ground, eh?
Agriculturte, horticulture can go to blazes, you have laughed all the way to the bank with your newbie sales technique.awesome.You are here to sell your stuff and thats all, Jai Ho.
I really pity people who cannot read and understand a post properly.
GR

mhksmk
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mhksmk » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:29 am

Enough guys. Stop it.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:44 am

if it looks like bull, talks like bull, moves like bull, then its pure bull. :lol:
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.