Search and Get-together IFGians (Feature Request)

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
SoulSniper
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Search and Get-together IFGians (Feature Request)

Post by SoulSniper » Thu May 27, 2021 12:01 pm

Dear Veterans,
Been sometime I’ve been wanting to search for IFGians residing in proximity, know them and plan monthly/quarterly/random get togethers.
A way to do that is to post a thread and await responses.
Could we otherwise have a feature where we can tag our location (not exact, but like City/Town, etc.) on a Map, Allow other IFGians to see depending on, e.g. Nearby City (can be other picker options), and shout-out on plans to hangout/joint-Plink huddles/likewise?

Will be an easy and useful feature to allow plan and celebrate Gunning more often, possibly in a healthy and responsible manner.

What say!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Search and Get-together IFGians (Feature Request)

Post by mundaire » Thu May 27, 2021 11:54 pm

These type of meets/ coming together have been happening ever since we started out in 2005-2006. The usual way was, someone would post a tentative time and place for people to meet and others would respond, either in public or via pm.

I personally count many of the members here as close friends, as a result of these offline meets! :)

Not sure if this would be entirely successful in the current China/ wuhan virus situation... but that's how it used to be done in the past :)

Cheers!
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Fri May 28, 2021 9:35 pm

should be started ...or perhaps we start a my location thread

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Sun May 30, 2021 8:35 pm

mundaire wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 11:54 pm
These type of meets/ coming together have been happening ever since we started out in 2005-2006. The usual way was, someone would post a tentative time and place for people to meet and others would respond, either in public or via pm.

I personally count many of the members here as close friends, as a result of these offline meets! :)

Not sure if this would be entirely successful in the current China/ wuhan virus situation... but that's how it used to be done in the past :)

Cheers!
(y)