Dove Hunt 2021

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
Post Reply
conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)
Posts: 305
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:29 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Dove Hunt 2021

Post by conty1 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:10 pm

My hunting partner (Ethan) had school and couldn't come out and I had a booked weekend so couldn't do it any other day. Went solo and almost bagged the limit. Bacon Wrapped Dove breast for dinner tonight!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
________________________________________________



Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:40 am

Re: Dove Hunt 2021

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:58 pm

Wawww....
Regards

Shivaji

User avatar
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1007
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Punjab

Re: Dove Hunt 2021

Post by Vineet » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:43 pm

What semi gun is that and how reliable it is ?
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

User avatar
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:03 am
Location: home on the range

Re: Dove Hunt 2021

Post by timmy » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:13 am

Amit, that's looking like a nice haul!

Too bad about your "Partner's" absence, but him thinking about you from school will make the next time better for him.

It doesn't look like you are too far west, from the photos.

Thanks for sharing these. I haven't been there for three years. I don't miss it, but it's nice to see it, and your hunt looks like a great time. I've got two kids in the Metroplex and one south of Wichita Falls.

Have you done any hog hunting there?
“The principle of self defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.

“When someone shows you who they are, believe them.” - Maya Angelou

User avatar
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot
Posts: 4811
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:14 am
Location: Tbilisi,Georgia

Re: Dove Hunt 2021

Post by Vikram » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:07 am

Good show, Conty.

May I ask what those two steel containers connected to a cylinder in the back of the pick-up? Thank you.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)
Posts: 305
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:29 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Dove Hunt 2021

Post by conty1 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:45 am

Vineet wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:43 pm
What semi gun is that and how reliable it is ?
Vineet - They are both Berettas. The O/U is the Silver Pigeon II and the semi auto is the Outlander. Both in 12 gauge. Love everything about both of them. The Outlander has a very nice action and is easy on the shoulder. The SP has a little more kick but I have a tighter choke on it for a longer range shot.
Last edited by conty1 on Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
________________________________________________



Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)
Posts: 305
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:29 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Dove Hunt 2021

Post by conty1 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:49 am

Vikram wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:07 am
Good show, Conty.

May I ask what those two steel containers connected to a cylinder in the back of the pick-up? Thank you.
Since you ask - :) - Those are Tandoors!! I call my truck The Tandoor Truck!! For my day job, I'm an engineer but my super powers come in on the weekends when I turn into a private chef. :D
________________________________________________



Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)
Posts: 305
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:29 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Dove Hunt 2021

Post by conty1 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:51 am

timmy wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:13 am
Amit, that's looking like a nice haul!

Too bad about your "Partner's" absence, but him thinking about you from school will make the next time better for him.

It doesn't look like you are too far west, from the photos.

Thanks for sharing these. I haven't been there for three years. I don't miss it, but it's nice to see it, and your hunt looks like a great time. I've got two kids in the Metroplex and one south of Wichita Falls.

Have you done any hog hunting there?
Hey man, do hit me up when you're in the area next. My phone number is on its way via a PM. Haven'tt hunted hogs yet!!
________________________________________________



Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

User avatar
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1007
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Punjab

Re: Dove Hunt 2021

Post by Vineet » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:51 am

conty1 wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:45 am
Vineet wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:43 pm
What semi gun is that and how reliable it is ?
Vineet - They are both Berettas. The O/U is the Silver Pigeon II and the semi auto is the Outlander. Both in 12 gauge. Love everything about both of them. The Outlander has a very nice action and is easy on the shoulder. The SP has a little more kick but I have a tighter choke on it for a longer range shot.
(y)
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Post Reply