Indian Military Re-enactors

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Indian Military Re-enactors

Post by axp817 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:11 pm

I was wondering if anyone knew of ReEnactment groups in India, the U.S. or elsewhere that are into re-enacting wars that India was involved in.

I know there are re-enactment groups in the US that do WWI and WWII and have some Indian units, and I would be interested in learning about those but I am more interested in learning about groups that do post WWII wars - 1965, 1971 with Pakistan, Sino-Indian war, Kargil, etc.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Naren

For Advertising mail webmaster
penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:55 pm

Naren,

There is nothing like this here and considering the situation in India vis-a-vi arms ownership,its not likely to start anytime soon.

Take care,
penpusher

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Indian Military Re-enactors

Post by Sakobav » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:22 pm

axp817 wrote:I would be interested in learning about those but I am more interested in learning about groups that do post WWII wars - 1965, 1971 with Pakistan, Sino-Indian war, Kargil, etc.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Naren
Naren

Well not much has changed for Indian Army they have been re-enacting 65 trough to Kargil since then..They even use the same weapons more or less. We used to see something like this during army excercise in Punjab once in awhile they would turn on the Tanks and get buzzed by jets ( common phenom in Pb) normally we used to have Arty guys with camo and Guns I never saw them firing them..some lassi and sag they would let you come near the guns..

Navdeep

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:47 pm

Battles fought before the advent of gunpowder in India can certainly be staged.But history is a contentious issue in India and battles fought hundreds of yrs back still have the potential to create trouble for anybody venturing into this

Take care,
penpusher