Here is something i got for myself.

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
prasanjit.baul
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Here is something i got for myself.

Post by prasanjit.baul » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:12 am

Being a Royal Enfield chap joined a new riding club. I Met a guy over in the group in my first ride well in his 40s. Seemed to be a nice jolly person and very helpful. He is the head of the group. He has got some friend of his in army and he got me a pair of shoes for riding as recently he had been there to meet his friend..... These shoes are what he says is an Army issue Shoe and looking at it and touching has no where created any doubt in me. They are tough rugged and looks like welcoming any possible abuses.... Well the shoes blew my mind the time i saw it. Have attached the picture of my shoes i got it from him. I somewhere read over the net that the army has been issued new pair of shoes from this year being upgraded quality wise.. The weight of the shoes is very unbelievable. It was packed in a plastic cover inside a carton box. And still i could pick up those two shoes in the plastic bag with the help of my thumb and the index finger. (m serious) and i could even sway them like a bunch of daily newspaper very easily. in all weight must not be more than 250gms each.

The good blend of leather and art it seems to me.

The outer front sole is not any metal but yeah, its real hard to easily kick anyone's ***...

The badge and the print on the shoe's tongue.

I therefore ask for some favor in guiding me the possible practical uses i can put it into. Will it be trekks, hiking, roaming around in the jungle or any other.. Till now i have only wore it on a denim and carried it on my leg all day from morning till evening thruout the day in office without removing it... Even though my feet were in this monster looking shoes the whole day i had not experienced any negativity in it. It was utmost comfortable. What i dont want to do is put this thing in a wrong use and spoiling it. Kindly guide my fellow fresh air activities enthusiasts, as to how well and for what purpose i can use these shoes.

I bought this thing with the main interntion of Riding my Cast Iron Horse "the Royal Enfield Bullet" :wink:

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Here is something i got for myself.

Post by Mark » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:29 am

Nice looking pair of boots, wear them for anything you want!

The main thing is to find out what is the best dressing to use on them. I do not recognize the leather by the texture, so you might wish to send the company an email:

http://www.armyrelax.com/contactus.html

I suspect the world standard for dressings is "neatsfoot oil" but personally I prefer stuff called "mink oil" if that is available. The main thing for leather IMHO is to keep it oiled so it does not dry out, as then it will inevitably crack and once you get a crack forming in leather it is impossible to stop it, only slow it down.

Anyway, wear your new boots and enjoy them!
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

prasanjit.baul
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prasanjit.baul » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:23 pm

Mark wrote:Nice looking pair of boots, wear them for anything you want!

The main thing is to find out what is the best dressing to use on them. I do not recognize the leather by the texture, so you might wish to send the company an email:

http://www.armyrelax.com/contactus.html

I suspect the world standard for dressings is "neatsfoot oil" but personally I prefer stuff called "mink oil" if that is available. The main thing for leather IMHO is to keep it oiled so it does not dry out, as then it will inevitably crack and once you get a crack forming in leather it is impossible to stop it, only slow it down.

Anyway, wear your new boots and enjoy them!
Thanks a ton Mark. Actually i am not much into leather stuffs. So kindly guide me as to which oil should i use and how often it should be used. Where can i get such oil and whats the name of the brand. It will be a great favor to let me know the basics of maintaining this shoes.

Regards
Prasanjit Kumar

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:24 pm

Prasanjit,

I am in the US, and the products that are good here are not necessarily the best for where you are.

For example, I like "Mink Oil":

But you do not necessarily need stuff that works in -25C! Anyway, I would suggest you wear your boots to a shoe shop and ask them to suggest a product for you.
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

prasanjit.baul
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prasanjit.baul » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:26 pm

Thank you very Much Mark. :)

Regds..

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:57 pm

Superb looking Boots - you are quite lucky to get those. They *will* look good on you and your Bullet. :) Could be buffalo hide since looks-wise they appear to be all-terrain and all-weather. However, refrain from prolonged exposure to water.

Check this link out -

http://www.leatherique.net/leathercare.htm

Anyway, I "treat" my leather bomber jacket (mostly goat leather) to silicone (ATF transmission) oil since I never had the occasion to wear it in India since my return in 2003. Once every 2-3 months a wipe-over, just so that fungus does not spoil it. Then invert it so that the liner gets outside and then bask it in the sun for 1-2 hr. Then it goes back on the hook ! :-)
Last edited by airgun_novice on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
==
O Shea (character): Guns make you nervous ?
Charles Bronson: Guns or the users ? Idiots with guns make me nervous.
(Death Wish V)

subodh22
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by subodh22 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:32 am

if they are designed for army use the best thing about them is you can use them for any activities. more wear and tear the more grip you will get its just matter of rough use for these kind of shoe BTW how much did they cost you or any idea how much they cost interested in getting a pair for myself

rajveer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rajveer » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:49 am

Is it available for civilian use also, or it is a steal,
are uncles, mamas, chachas have permissision to give it away.
just for curiosity, sake.
Is it bought from army canteen, But defence forces dont buy their gear from canteen.
Can you please reveal source of your priced possession.

Regards.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:26 am

It looks like a decent, tough pair of boots.
You could just treat it as soldiers do.
It used to be Cherry Blossom Black shoe polish. Not sure what they use nowadays.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:43 am

Yes they are indeed nice looking pair of boots. You can wear them for practically all purposes. I visited their website and they seem to have many type of boots. Which type/ model are the ones you have?
Last edited by goodboy_mentor on Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

rajveer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rajveer » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:46 am

but is it available for civilians also to buy/ have, etc.

Regards.

prasanjit.baul
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prasanjit.baul » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:56 pm

airgun_novice wrote:Superb looking Boots - you are quite lucky to get those. They *will* look good on you and your Bullet. :) Could be buffalo hide since looks-wise they appear to be all-terrain and all-weather. However, refrain from prolonged exposure to water.

Check this link out -

http://www.leatherique.net/leathercare.htm

Anyway, I "treat" my leather bomber jacket (mostly goat leather) to silicone (ATF transmission) oil since I never had the occasion to wear it in India since my return in 2003. Once every 2-3 months a wipe-over, just so that fungus does not spoil it. Then invert it so that the liner gets outside and then bask it in the sun for 1-2 hr. Then it goes back on the hook ! :-)
That was the main motive i bought this shoes for. MY LONG RIDES ON BULLET... :mrgreen: They feel better on feet when i ride with it. Regarding "treating" with silicone oil... Let me tell you i dont have any idea about it.. Will have to consult you ahead.... For the time being i cheer up my cobbler every time i take it for polishing and he keeps on praising it. :cheers:
subodh22 wrote:if they are designed for army use the best thing about them is you can use them for any activities. more wear and tear the more grip you will get its just matter of rough use for these kind of shoe BTW how much did they cost you or any idea how much they cost interested in getting a pair for myself
Yes Subodh they are indeed designed for army use. My friend got it from a Army Base store. These shoes are not available in the CSD canteen. They are not available to civilans as far as my friend has told me. I was lucky to get a catch of it. And the Cost is almost free. They costed me 800 bloody bucks... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I would say the best buy of this year for me. A throw away catch you can say..
rajveer wrote:Is it available for civilian use also, or it is a steal,
are uncles, mamas, chachas have permissision to give it away.
just for curiosity, sake.
Is it bought from army canteen, But defence forces dont buy their gear from canteen.
Can you please reveal source of your priced possession.

Regards.
No. They are not available for civilian use so far as i know. this is not bought from the CSD Canteen. It is been sourced by my friend's friend from the army cantonment store where the soldiers are issued uniforms. i have attached the badge stating the name of the company on the tongue of the shoe. You can try calling them up and ask if you can get it anyway. I am not sure whether they will give single or less quantities...
xl_target wrote:It looks like a decent, tough pair of boots.
You could just treat it as soldiers do.
It used to be Cherry Blossom Black shoe polish. Not sure what they use nowadays.
Thanks xl.. Well i have not yet put the shoes on rugged and rough use till now. I have been only using while riding and sometimes on denim jeans wear. :) It looks killer when a narrow bottom low waist jeans is tucked in the shoe. Catches the attention of the Mamus and other "interested in such stuff" guys.
goodboy_mentor wrote:Yes they are indeed nice looking pair of boots. You can wear them for practically all purposes. I visited their website and they seem to have many type of boots. Which type/ model are the ones you have?
Thanks Mentor. I think its the LIGHT WEIGHT BOOT 2006 model as from what i referred it in the website of the company. :cheers:

This is what i got when i was googling and doin a khoj on the Indian army shoes. http://www.indiatalkies.com/2011/04/arm ... shoes.html

My friend had an Army Shoe before also and he had told me that its damn heavy but can be used for any purpose. When he bought this he called me up from the store sayin "U r lucky bro.. These are new shoes being introduced in the army. They are ultralight. And very comfortable to carry."

I was all "GAY" .... :mrgreen:

Also let me know the possiblity of carrying a decent boot knife in this killer looking shoes. I think this shoe will help serving the purpose of carryin a boot knife...

Thanks to all of you for your wonderful inputs. Keep them coming...

Regards.
Prasanjit Kumar.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:45 pm

I would like to purchase shoes that would keep feet(especially toes) warm in winter temperatures at around zero to five degrees centigrade. Will these type of Army issue shoes serve the purpose or need shoes that have soles made of some different or thicker material?

Edit: Matter answered by members in the following thread http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22955
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Raghvendrasingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Raghvendrasingh » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:30 pm

Did anyone try to contact army relax (arvind gramodyog)
....brave by heart, honest by nature and wicked by brain.....