JEEP LOVERS AND OTR THREAD

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Re: JEEP LOVERS AND OTR THREAD

Post by essdee1972 » Mon May 13, 2013 12:16 pm

Hammerhead paaji, a Grand Cherokee!!!! <drooool> Now that requires a lotta green in India!!

In that case I wouldn't recommend a 4x4 but sometimes one does what the heart says.
SS, dil hai ki manta nahin...... brain says "minivan". Heart says "SUV". And I am one of those who don't use accountant's head for cars, knives, etc.!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

For Advertising mail webmaster
Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Mon May 13, 2013 7:49 pm

essdee1972 wrote:Hammerhead paaji, a Grand Cherokee!!!! <drooool> Now that requires a lotta green in India!!
Yeah, you could be right. Lady is holding seven cheques of undisclosed amount in front of a bank. If you see the side panels ( broken). We were penniless fighting a big corporation and then it happen. We brought those Ba$tards to their knees. Those days, man, those who stood up for their rights, pay big time. And we did - Haji
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:30 am

So Moin, did you every buy that Jeep?
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

Post by Moin. » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:12 pm

xl_target wrote:So Moin, did you every buy that Jeep?
No dada, didnt find what i was looking for. Brought a very very good camera instead. :D
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:36 am

Its too bad you couldn't find what you wanted.
Oh well, you'll probably use the camera a lot more.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:33 am

XL, what's the truck in your new profile pic? And by the way, Moin's new camera costs as much as a second hand Mahindra!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:48 am

essdee1972 wrote:XL, what's the truck in your new profile pic? And by the way, Moin's new camera costs as much as a second hand Mahindra!
Dodge Ram! With some seriously Grrrr...Tires - Nice huh? :D
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:19 am

Esdee,
The truck in my avatar is a Dodge Dakota 4X4.
The Dakota is the little brother to the Chrysler Corporation's Full size pickup; the Dodge Ram.
With mid size truck sales falling , Dodge discontinued the Dakota in 2011.

Here's my Dakota beside its bigger brother; a Dodge Ram 2500 HD.
The full size trucks are huge but here you can see the common styling elements.

This is a second generation Dakota.
Still sought after a bit, as they are simpler to modify and there are a large number of after-market accessories available for it.
It is also larger than the Ford Ranger, Chevy S10 and Toyota Tacoma of its day.
I had a Ranger once and it was the worst vehicle that I ever owned.
It actually caught fire and burned to the ground while it was waiting for service in the mechanic's yard.

This truck has a tow package with a heavy duty transfer case.
It is equipped with a four speed automatic transmission and powered by Chrysler's 3.9 Liter V6 Magnum engine.
It has three gear ratios; 2WD high, 4WD high and 4WD low.
It isn't a Jeep but its made by the same company that makes the Jeep. ;)

I prefer the clean lines of the Dakota to the other mid size trucks out there.
I won't drive it in the winter as I prefer my Intrepid's front wheel drive on snow and ice.
Also if I crashed the Intrepid, it wouldn't bother me so much. The Interpid also has a great heater.
The Dakota's air conditioning will freeze you out in the summer and the heater will do the same in the winter :)

Here is the tire that CK was talking about. It is just Firestone's all terrain tire in 31 X 10.50R15.
They are designed to give a smooth ride on tarmac as well as grip the trail when off-roading.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:49 am

Awesome!
Cheers!

EssDee

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:58 am

xl_target wrote:Esdee,
The truck in my avatar is a Dodge Dakota 4X4.
The Dakota is the little brother to the Chrysler Corporation's Full size pickup; the Dodge Ram.
With mid size truck sales falling , Dodge discontinued the Dakota in 2011.

[ Image ]
Here's my Dakota beside its bigger brother; a Dodge Ram 2500 HD.
The full size trucks are huge but here you can see the common styling elements.

[ Image ]
This is a second generation Dakota.
Still sought after a bit, as they are simpler to modify and there are a large number of after-market accessories available for it.
It is also larger than the Ford Ranger, Chevy S10 and Toyota Tacoma of its day.
I had a Ranger once and it was the worst vehicle that I ever owned.
It actually caught fire and burnt to the ground while it was waiting for service in the mechanic's yard.

[ Image ]
This truck has a tow package with a heavy duty transfer case.
It is equipped with a four speed automatic transmission and powered by Chrysler's 3.9 Liter V6 Magnum engine.
It has three gear ratios; 2WD high, 4WD high and 4WD low.
It isn't a Jeep but its made by the same company that makes the Jeep. ;)

[ Image ]
I prefer the clean lines of the Dakota to the other mid size trucks out there.
I won't drive it in the winter as I prefer my Intrepid's front wheel drive on snow and ice.
Also if I crashed the Intrepid, it wouldn't bother me so much. The Interpid also has a great heater.
The Dakota's air conditioning will freeze you out in the summer and the heater will do the same in the winter :)

[ Image ]
Here is the tire that CK was talking about. It is just Firestone's all terrain tire in 31 X 10.50R15.
They are designed to give a smooth ride on tarmac as well as grip the trail when off-roading.

Awesome.. Xl Dada, now thats a MAn's car :cheers: :cheers:
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:23 am

Thanks Moin and Esdee.

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:47 am

I did truly, like your earlier RAM Logo Avatar! Ah... Hey Ram! ROTFL

Seriously, xl_target the tires are still very GRRRR...funnily I actually liked the look of the Ford Ranger and thought that it was a very aesthetic body design - simple, rugged and capable looking.

Now, with your latest information I am keeping a sharp look out for signs of fumes/flames on the dark-blue one parked nearby - temperatures being what they are right now in BC - I am taking care to keep my Honda Civic parked carefully away! :D
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!