tiger charge video...

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:48 am

Jonah,

Absolutely beautiful pic and a lovely kitty. :D

Vikram,

The video that you posted is of an incident in Pakistan. The lion did not bite the idiot's arm off - what happened was that the boy stepped hard on the lion's foot and must have hurt him by his foot landing on the lion's toenails. The moron is lucky it was a tame beast or he would have been toast.

Cheers,

Mehul

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:01 pm

kanwar76 wrote:More on the tiger charge vid.

Whole Story

Inder
Thank you for posting the link to the story, it is a good one!

"What now happened was even more amazing. As the tigress landed on the ground Joymala quickly pinned her down with her left fore foot and tried to control it with its trunk. The tigress struggled under this weight for at least half a minute roaring, as other people in the vicinity shouted and fired shots in the air. In this commotion another attempt was made to dart it, but even this shot was off the mark. The tigress finally struggled loose and ran away.

?If it had not been for Joymala, both Bodo and the guard would have been badly injured or dead,? he said. Meanwhile, Joymala, which was trying to aggressively chase the tigress, was calmed by the CWRC veterinarian, who was holding on to the profusely bleeding mahout. "

I find that quite amazing, and if what I have read about mahouts and their elephants is true I am sure the tigress better mind her step.

Here is what happens to a man who did not keep this in mind!

http://kw-global.com/elephants_revenge.wmv

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:26 pm

Mark,

The video is much funnier than the description that you gave me! :lol:

Thank you very much for posting it,

Mehul

pwm
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

tiger video

Post by pwm » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:36 pm

this link comes from the nitro express forum for the one 's here not see it, thinking fine guns is the best place to post it:

this is a classic situation we younger man cant imagine before it realy happens and that there was a real need for a howdah pistol. The tiger is unbelieveable fearless but you in india may have hear such storys before.
wonder what happens with mahout

pwm
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: tiger video

Post by pwm » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:07 pm

oh, how embarrasing, not only its old stuff for you have also post it on the absolutly wrong place
act like a bloody greenhorn as our american friends say

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:34 pm

Not to worry PWM. Will shift it for you.

Mack The Knife

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: tiger video

Post by Grumpy » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:08 am

Wow, that is one pissed Tiger !
I wonder what caused it to be so aggressive ?

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:40 am

Full story here...

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?t=192

Mack The Knife

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:56 am

The two threads have been merged...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: tiger charge video...

Post by Grumpy » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:46 am

That`s not the full story Mack The Knife, just a lot of speculation. Still a very scary incident though......and somehow I doubt that toothache was responsible. Goes to show that Tigers are fully aware that people on the back of Elephants are separate entities which indicates quite sophisticated reasoning.
When you`ve watched the vid a few times you become aware that the long grass in which the Tiger is hidden stars to move as it tracks towards the Elephant......I`ll bet that Mahout c**ps himself when he sees grass moving now.........assuming he survived that is ? Does anyone know the extent of his injuries ?

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: tiger charge video...

Post by Grumpy » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:50 am

Right. Sorry about that. I`ve just seen Marks explanation above......I also understand what Abhijeet meant about `the two threads have merged`. Hadn`t noticed the relocation of the thread.