Nearly 400 sign up to shoot pythons in Glades

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
fmj
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Nearly 400 sign up to shoot pythons in Glades

Post by fmj » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:33 am

For Advertising mail webmaster
Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

Re: Nearly 400 sign up to shoot pythons in Glades

Post by Moin. » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:42 pm

I had seen this on Animal Planet. Species like Burmese Pythons have been left in the everglades by irresponsible pet owners when they get too big and these have now become a threat to the local species of birds and animals who are not used to these predators.

Thanks
Moin
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:27 am

A lot of exotic snakes also escaped during a famous storm the same way the muntjac and boar did in the uk
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:43 am

an experienced hunter of snakes guessed these guys wont be able to shoot more than 25..one has to be very good at tracking them in grass and damn lucky in the glades...I know one person who probably released his pet in north east ...I bet they survive winter here -- adapting

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:53 am

as i have held a florida hunting license, i logged in to sign up. I was told all applications on hold till april . between 800-1000 people have signed up already from 30 states.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.