Raising a Little Fund for the Forests

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
skeetshot
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Raising a Little Fund for the Forests

Post by skeetshot » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:24 pm

Pl count me in as well

For Advertising mail webmaster
Lucky Luke
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Lucky Luke » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:00 pm

Hi Vikram

I'll join the queue at #18.

Thanks !

veejosh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by veejosh » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:30 pm

I talked to the gentleman this afternoon. He told me that our ex President Abdul Kalam has recently given him Rs.2 Lakhs . On being asked if there was something more that could be done he said that the forest needs some fruiting trees like ber (Assam--BOGURI,or bot ziziphus jujuba). I already have some other plants which the deer loves for its berries and shall be raising the ber plants in my nursery this year to hand it over to him next year. His source of income, by the way is selling mil,k as the very animals he protects destroy his crop.

Regards,
Vikas

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Mack The Knife,

Please count me in. Will wait for instructions.

TC

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:45 pm

Count me in please.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:50 pm

Vikram's already done the needful, TC.

Thanks to all that have volunteered to contribute so far. However, this is merely the very tip of what could be a gigantic iceberg.

This man has done something I had never even imagined and we must recognise his stupendous effort.

Please feel free to circulate the link to this post to your family members and friends and should they want to contribute, please post their names on this thread.

Thank you.

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:46 pm

All,

We've already agreed to contribute financially and it shows a lot of support to the cause. However, I don't think it ' alone' suffices....maybe we can do something extra.. Plant a few extra trees ourselves. Along with the financial contribution mention the number of trees we plant.

Vikram,mack in front of my name can u add five trees. The day I complete that number this year I'll update on this thread.

I guess he'd be happier if nitro tells him how many trees we've committed to his initiative as well.

Regards,
SS

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:27 am

SS wrote:I guess he'd be happier if nitro tells him how many trees we've committed to his initiative as well.
No doubt about that and what you propose is very important.

I can plant trees when I go outdoors but I wont be able to tend them but will try and work out something with a friend who runs an ecology department in Andhra Pradesh.

Thanks.

Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

Post by Moin. » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:13 pm

count me in too.

Regards
Moin.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:06 pm

BUMP!

veejosh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by veejosh » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:22 pm

Met Jadhav this morning. I had gone for some official work to Jorhat and since it was over early I decided to give our friend a visit.Midway to his place I called him and he said he was in the town--so about turn. He is a pleasant person and when we got talking he mentioned that he had been to an award ceremony where a tea garden person had been given an award..that was the time I recalled having seen him the first time. Any way I mentioned to him about the plan to help him out and also handed him with some tea.

By the way --Next Week they are going to have a Kokilamukh festival in the area. Israelis have been taking some interest and will be setting up some projects. His daughter was also with him and I think next time I will carry some books for the kids. Any suggestions.

Regards,
Vikas

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:48 pm

Thanks, Vikas.
Any way I mentioned to him about the plan to help him out.
Did he say anything about what he needs?
veejosh wrote:His daughter was also with him and I think next time I will carry some books for the kids. Any suggestions.
School books, stationery and uniforms/clothes. How many kids does he have and how old are they?

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:49 pm

Count me in.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

veejosh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by veejosh » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:52 pm

Mack The Knife wrote:Thanks, Vikas.
Any way I mentioned to him about the plan to help him out.
Did he say anything about what he needs?
veejosh wrote:His daughter was also with him and I think next time I will carry some books for the kids. Any suggestions.
School books, stationery and uniforms/clothes. How many kids does he have and how old are they?
1) He did not mention anything in particular. His house had been broken by elephants and he had come to pick up cement.I shall be on leave for 12 days and once I have some more time I will go to him and get the details.

2)The one I met is in class 10. She has just came back from an excursion to Delhi. Will go to their place in April with my garden children to show them what one man can do. I try aping him and why not if it can help the Earth being a better place.

Will surely let you all know of whatever could be done.

Regards
Vikas

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:59 pm

Vikas, Thank you for your feedback.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."