In need of an Adventure

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: In need of an Adventure

Post by xl_target » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:08 pm

seedha.admi brother,
I'm not sure what your experience level is but if you have not done much trekking, please try a weekend trek or two before trying a two week trek.
If you are not in shape from regular treks, DO NOT just take off on a two week trek.

Start off slow and build up to the longer treks.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

For Advertising mail webmaster
seedha.admi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by seedha.admi » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:19 pm

Are you sure that it'll be a good idea? What I am seeking is a place that's unique like I described above :roll:
There's nothing black or white in the world. There are just shades of gray.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:44 am

Seedha.admi, XL is perfectly right. Take it small. The pain is just not worth it! And the worst result would be that you just might be turned off trekking for the rest of your life. Like the guys who do 20 kg deadlifts on the first day at the gym, and hence make it their last day at the gym.
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:33 pm

seedha.admi wrote:I live at Rohtak, near delhi. I wish to explore any part of the country AS LONG AS it's mountain area with lots of clouds. :idea:
In that case ("lots of clouds") MH is not for you - till monsoon that is - Darjeeling is ideal any time of year. :-)

But the way things are in India these days should you sink your tent at any place for two weeks you will face "curiosity" (aka Harassment) from locals and police alike. SO please be careful - more so as in secluded areas "anything" can happen - for sake of a few bucks that will take care of the night's quota of a "quarter". Good luck and be safe. :cheers:

seedha.admi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by seedha.admi » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:52 am

Yes, you're right I should start on beginner's level. I did trekking a long time ago, also I've put up a lot of weight. Anyway thanks for the advices though.

seedha.admi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by seedha.admi » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:57 am

@airgun

Yup Don't wanna go all RAMBO FIRST BLOOD on them.

LOL

ROTFL