Fishing season opener!!

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Fishing season opener!!

Post by conty1 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:13 pm

A local forest preserve here stocks some lakes with Trouts twice a year. Once during the spring and once in fall. They close the lake for fishing for two weeks starting the day they stock ,to let the fish acclimatise. This past Saturday was the season opener and I went with my cousin to reel in some rainbows. The gates open at 6AM and even though we got there at 5:30, we were probably the 50th car in queue!! Once in, we found a nice spot on one of the piers and started casting the lines. It was still pretty dark. No sooner that we got all the lines out, we started getting hits. And if you have fished trouts ever, you know how good fighters these little guys are! The daily limit is 5 per person, but we got about 6 fish within about 2 hours and decided to call it a day. We were mostly using the Powerbait putties of different colors. A nice start to the fishing season and some excellent fish fry at the end of the day!

Cheers,
Amit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

For Advertising mail webmaster
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Fishing season opener!!

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:18 pm

Sahi hai, Amit bhai Chicago wale.. :)

Good catch... keep on doing it.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:23 pm

Very nice!
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:25 pm

Nice catch Amit,

Cheers

TC

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:38 pm

Good going Amit,

Fresh Trout is some of the best eating, isn't it?
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by conty1 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:51 pm

xl_target wrote:Good going Amit,
[ Image ]

Fresh Trout is some of the best eating, isn't it?
Yup... Sure is. Unfortunately, here in the Midwest, trout fishing is scarce!!

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:01 pm

Nice. Very Nice.