Century Magazine - July, 1897

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
stripes
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Century Magazine - July, 1897

Post by stripes » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:20 am

Century Magazine

Hunting Big Game in Africa and India

Hunting the Jaguar in Venezuela

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:27 am

Thanks Nick.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:12 am

Many thanks, Nick.

Appreciated as always.

Mack The Knife

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:34 am

Nick,

Thanks as always for a lovely piece. I smiled every time I read about how a certain animal gave the author "trouble" by not falling cleanly to his gun. "Grumpy" John Buxton's father served in this part of India though it was much later than the Seton-Karr hunt, of course, and I shall be meeting him on Monday when he visits us in Chicago. I don;t know if he has been able to look in here - his whitewater rafting trip was cut short by an accident when he broke his leg in Idaho two weeks ago and he is undergoing treatment in New York at the moment - but I shall tell him about this post of yours and it is certain to please him as much as it has us all.

Thank you very much again for your beautiful post. We always know that there is something special when you post anywhere.

Mehul

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:49 pm

His whitewater rafting trip was cut short by an accident when he broke his leg in Idaho two weeks ago and he is undergoing treatment in New York at the moment.
That's a crying shame!

Mack The Knife

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:54 am

That is very unfortunate.Hope he is well and on his way to full health and enjoy the vacation.Convey our best wishes,please Mehul.

Best-Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."