china's plans on hunting....

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
sat
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

china's plans on hunting....

Post by sat » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:38 pm

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:57 pm

If only our people learn...............

Best- Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:49 pm

Vikram wrote:If only our people learn...............
Best- Vikram
And have the hunters blow the whistle on the ongoing timber smuggling?
The concerned MLA would have a fit....

Mack The Knife

Kshatriya
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Kshatriya » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:23 pm

After declimating wildlife in India & its other neighbours (esp. the tigers), that is a lot of BS .Almost all the parts of poached tigers in India find market in China & other SE Asian countries, where they are used in health/virility potions. :evil:
U.S Army Rifle Cal .30 M1917 Remington Bolt Action
Cal 32 ACP IOF Pistol

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:05 pm

The world is well aware of the Chink craving for tiger parts but why is hunting in China BS?

Mack The Knife

Kshatriya
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Kshatriya » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:53 am

To quote the article "Proceeds from the auction would be used to protect wild animals, the daily said", & does the wildlife from other nations count for nothing....It's the duality/hypocrisy behind the idea that had me cringing.
U.S Army Rifle Cal .30 M1917 Remington Bolt Action
Cal 32 ACP IOF Pistol

cyrixoutside
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cyrixoutside » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:33 pm

hi,

this is a bit off topic

it is really depressing to see that china which was miles behind india only 35 years ago has now over taken india in just about every aspect.

in the 60's on every social as well as economic measure china was now where near india.

now expect for the fact that we have more political freedom (i my opinion we now treat freedom to mean reckelss irresponsibility) and that we are ahead in the IT space we stand now where in the picture.

even on these two counts i can see the chinese catching and surpassing us.

we also ridicule pakistan as backward and what not, but the fact is that ever since pakistan came into existance it has been succesfully medlling in the internal affairs of india, causing valubale reasource to be expended in the process, on the international front too they have constantly managed to out wit us on a regular basis.

even the so called master stroke - the dismemberment of east pakistan from west pakistan (creation of bangladesh) has actually turned out blessing in disguse for pakistan and a huge problem for india.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:45 pm

Kshatriya wrote:To quote the article "Proceeds from the auction would be used to protect wild animals, the daily said", & does the wildlife from other nations count for nothing....It's the duality/hypocrisy behind the idea that had me cringing.
Fair point.

stripes
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by stripes » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:39 am

This topic arose over at "AR" a couple of days ago.

My concern is we may be enriching those who have been raping the world's fauna for centuries. With the pseudo-medicinal resources provided by the illegal trafficing of the body parts of the tigers of other countries having reached the point of exhaustion, they here posture as taking the high-road, in the saving of their own remnant populations. In my view, huntable tiger populations simply do not exist and their true interests now reside in the creation of an alternative flow of monies revolving around the tiger. Before embracing what we hunters would certainly hope to be a legitimate premise, let's first demand they disist in ALL clandestine animal parts collection activities, for ALL species, worldwide.

South Chinese Tiger Manchurian Tiger