Man Eater of Thunag Killed?

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
Amit357
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Man Eater of Thunag Killed?

Post by Amit357 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:04 pm

marksman wrote:Fantumfan is right. Leave it to the Leopards I say and they will take care of the squatters of Sanjay Gandhi National Park themselves. After all nature is always best at balancing out the things that humans have interfered with. Why only S.G. park, they should let it happen all over India. No need of so called loaded P.Hs to wiggle their ways into distant Territories.

Marksman
+ 1,the poor cats dont have votes,if they did you would find no-one,neither squatters/encroachers,Sansar Chand & his ilk around.Fantumfan,boss dont get so defensive,remind of a a parade on the so called Earth/Environment Day,people carrying placards reading SAVE THE EARTH,etc,etc,the best was EARTH CARRYING A PLACARD "SAVE YOURSELF JACKASS,I WILL BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT YOU"

For Advertising mail webmaster
prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:37 pm

SS wrote:[dailymotion]x12715l_leopards-21st-century-cats-hd_lifestyle[/dailymotion]

Here's the video I found on the documentary.

Cheers,
SS

( )
What a lovely documentary SS.
Loved watching it.
A bulk of the documentary (17:29 t0 29 ---- 12 minutes) covers the famous hunter Lakhpath Singh Rawat from the state I live in. The school teacher who has shot more than 45 "maneating leopards" till date.
Interestingly my friend "Singh" (wearing a hat) is also there in this documentary. The man who has been hunting maneaters for longer than any other hunter, but has managed to shoot only ten till date. He gets a little more than a second (at 16:18) in the film.
I showed him the video.
He had NO clue how he got there and has never met Whitaker before.

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:59 am

A happy new year, Prashant.

Glad you liked it. I have watched it a few times over myself. Just noticed Singh. I loved the night vision shots that showed the proximity of leopards to human settlements.

Anybody who keeps actively the data of 'how many' instead of 'how few' man eaters s/he has shot makes his credentials doubtful.

I had a few questions for you..
Corbett wrote epidemics often led to man eating cats. Post the recent natural calamity is there a probability of that happening?
The documentary states an avg 70 man eating incidents a year in Uttarakhand. Is that an accurate figure?

sudhaiob
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sudhaiob » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:03 pm

dr.jayakumar wrote:friends did you ever notice that most of the man eaters are found in UP,MP,sunderbans and not so often in western ghats.??
regards
dr.jk
I slightly differ. Valparai in Anamalais is one place where a lot of leopard attacks have taken place
Regs
sudhaiob