any fishing site near delhi?

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
Endlessmoor
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

any fishing site near delhi?

Post by Endlessmoor » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:43 am

hi,

Is there any good fishing site/lake/pond in or around delhi, where one can fish legally?

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: any fishing site near delhi?

Post by mundaire » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:11 am

The closest to S Delhi is Dumduma lake at Sohna. Take permission from the Haryana Tourism people there and go fish. Some carp and catfish from what I've seen.

Other than that you need to drive out of Delhi for at least 2 hours to find water clean enough to fish in

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:40 am

Possible sites close to Delhi - Yamuna north of Yamunanagar, Ganga canal, Ganges, Alwar silisar lake, etc. Of course you can always drive further and explore more... :-)

HTH

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Endlessmoor
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Endlessmoor » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:15 am

mundaire wrote:The closest to S Delhi is Dumduma lake at Sohna. Take permission from the Haryana Tourism people there and go fish. Some carp and catfish from what I've seen.

Other than that you need to drive out of Delhi for at least 2 hours to find water clean enough to fish in

Thank u sir for ur reply.

Anyways to fish at ramganga river?

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:59 pm

Endlessmoor wrote:Anyways to fish at ramganga river?
Sure, you can fish the Ramganga OUTSIDE of the National Park by taking a sport fishing license from the Uttarakhand fisheries deptt. I think the current license rate is INR 1,000 (or thereabouts) per rod per day (for Uttarakhand). In Himachal Pradesh the license is INR 500 per rod per day in trout waters and INR 50-100 (I forget the exact amount) for non-trout waters. I think both of these states issue only a per day license and there are no "season"/ "annual" licenses issued anymore. In Haryana you can still get an annual license which entitles you to fish in all government lakes/ ponds/ rivers/ canals etc. even those under contract - on a catch & release basis.

www.gunowners.in

Endlessmoor
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Endlessmoor » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:09 am

thanks again for these details.

where to contact for haryana or himachal? any specific numbers?