Waterfowl Hunt (Pics)

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Waterfowl Hunt (Pics)

Post by brihacharan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:02 am

xl_target wrote:
It is quite true that if they are not properly cooked, eating the brick might be more enjoyable.
Ducks - Yes...but never eaten a Goose :roll:
Although tried Goose Liver Pâté de Foie Gras supposed to be a delicacy...
Somehow didn't go well with me :lol:
Briha

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:59 pm

Herb,

Rocky looks like a fine fellow.I am sure he makes a great companion in the field and at home.

Oggie,

You cracked me up with your recipe. Canada Geese are declared as vermin in UK too and I think there is a year long open season on them. They took over our university, shit everywhere and drive away other birds. Can get aggressive too. They come in like dive bombers.Must be great fun taking them out from the sky. :twisted:

Shooter usually turns them into burgers.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Oggie
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Oggie » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:56 am

Thanks Vikram and Xl,

This recipe is widely used to describe to excited new waterfowl hunters the fallacy of expecting tandoori chicken type flavours from Canadian Geese and paradise ducks...both notorious for very gamey flavours ! But I tell you what - Peacocks are also fair game here and by God they taste delicious ! Again very cunning quarry and requires great planning and flushing strategy to bag em.

Cheers ears

Oggie

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:01 am

Love going through your posts herb. Your beautiful guns n rifles and your shikar snaps.
That's a lovely dog you've got. My pathologist friend just bought a Labrador retriever. I was joking with him the other day. Telling him . "As a pathologist you just can't think of anything beyond a lab."
Oggie. That was a funny one. I really didn't know that these birds could be found in your part of the world as well. As the name suggests. They must be from Canada. I saw some in England last year.
As for peacocks. We have quite a few at our farm. They are a pleasure to watch and keep a check on the snake population. They have a typical." Peeyoo Peeyoo " ( drink drink)call and when they call at dusk it's time to pull out our bottles for a drink.