Sony vs Panasonic

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
Raghvendrasingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Sony vs Panasonic

Post by Raghvendrasingh » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:01 am

Hello everyone
i wanna buy a digital camera and i have shortlisted two cameras. Now i am unable to decide which one to buy》 sony cyber shot dsc-wx350 vs panasonic lumix tz40 . Pls give your opinion and also suggest other camera under 20 grand.
....brave by heart, honest by nature and wicked by brain.....

For Advertising mail webmaster
bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Sony vs Panasonic

Post by bennedose » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:09 am

Going back into my own "buying history" my first two analog video cams (early and mid 1990s) were Sony. Sony had a proprietary 8 mm tape format but the recording was up to 90 min and could easily be transferred to VHS tape. Panasonic at that time chose to have 30 min tapes that needed a special adapter to fit into a VHS player. My brother had that and I hated it. But later when I wanted to buy a digital model I went for Panasonic. I have a Panasonic DV tape recorder which is very good and I was looking out for a solid state one recently. I will probably plumb for Panasonic again because Sony tends to demand proprietary software and formats which is a pain. In addition the Sony brand name makes it more expensive.

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:53 am

Raghavendrasingh,

Why not look at a few models from Nikon or Canon?

Raghvendrasingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Raghvendrasingh » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:22 am

Thanks bennedose

Raghvendrasingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Raghvendrasingh » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:30 am

Thanks prabhath sir for your reply.
pls suggest cameras that gives better image quality, good zoom and video recording In progressive mode.

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:35 pm

I never got to like the Sony images, i recollect your prev. thread on wild life gear, you are pretty confused right now.checkout tz30 a lot cheaper and similar specs.

http://www.flipkart.com/panasonic-lumix ... onic+lumix

You may like to revisit your prev. thread calling for best DSLR for wild life.
ganeshn wrote:better start with a bridge camera like a Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR, Sony DSC-HX400V or Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 and these are keepers... and produce amazing images.
without breaking the bank you will have the reach required for wildlife but the piddly sensors are going the limit the image quality( low signal to noise ratio) and as it is those lenses are diffraction limited at around F5.6 so you wont get the image quality of canon 1D paired with 'L' lens, but you can still brag about Zeiss, Leica or Fujinon lens.
They are good tools for street and candid photography as they are discreet, inconspicuous and don't shout PRO.
wildlife photography is rewarding if you master the field craft and patience is a given.
hope it helps.

Rrahulkumar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rrahulkumar » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:37 pm

Sony supporter here..!!

own and use Sony AS100V action camera... awesome clarity, image stabilization and robust..!!

slingshot
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by slingshot » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:47 pm

Panasonic Lumix TZ30 is a really good camera. The TZ40 is only marginally better but much more expensive. I use the TZ30 and I can tell you that its really good.
There is no downside to Freedom!

jeyakumar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by jeyakumar » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:49 pm

If your particular in stills go for a full frame sensor DSLR above 20 M p (22 & 36 )which will meet all your need, If you are particular in movie as well as stills apsc sensors are good. Any have get a good lenses, you can change the body at later stage.
regards
Jeya kumar

Raghvendrasingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Raghvendrasingh » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:14 pm

Thank you all for the replies. I will keep all this in mind before buying a camera.

vijaynats
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vijaynats » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:19 am

Try the Nikon P600 or P610. 60x zoom and the best superzoom out there. Google for reviews. I own a Panasonic FZ38 and its pretty good after 5 years of use. P600 I guess is the best and costs around 23k.

Raghvendrasingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Raghvendrasingh » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:04 pm

Hi vijaynats
I also shortlisted nikon p600 and sony hx400v. I saw a video which showed the slow focusing of p600 at 60x zoom against a olympus cam. And i read on cameralabs.com about p600 vs sony hx400v. It tells that sony gives more detailed pics and has fast focus. But p600 being 16.1 it gives softer images so on full zoom pics of p600 looks good.

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:24 pm

Did a lot of googling before I chose my gear,a Fuji HS 50 EXR. At that price range it's nothing short of great. Used it several times...amazing pics. Fell down a couple of times, no probs.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

vijaynats
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vijaynats » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:10 am

I would suggest you buy a DSLR if you have the budget. A superzoom is like a sidearm, a DSLR is like a rifle - fast and versatile. why do you need fast zoom speeds?

vijaynats
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vijaynats » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:01 am

There is also the P900 which has greater zoom than the P600. but costs 55k for which u could get a Nikon D5500 body. [emoji1]