Car convoy attacked in Ladakh by taxi mafia!

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
anonymusneo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by anonymusneo » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:59 pm

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-tr ... mafia.html

For Advertising mail webmaster
AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Re: Car convoy attacked in Ladakh by taxi mafia!

Post by AgentDoubleS » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:55 am

Deplorable act. Highly dissapointed and what a shame J&K leadership continues to ignore this. Add to it some joker on th thread recommending that travellers should adhere to local rules.

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:59 pm

Self destructive measures by Ladakh tourism mafia.

Rrahulkumar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rrahulkumar » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:26 pm

Sad indeed...

i read through the pages on the forum and found most deploring the act...
however IMHO, i have not seen any such animosity towards bikers... i have been to Leh twice in last two years
in fact most of the times, i have found them helpful..
yes, some drivers are aggressive on the road but that's just human nature, nothing can be done about it...

still i would be careful next time i visit...

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:39 pm

Rrahulkumar wrote:Sad indeed...

i read through the pages on the forum and found most deploring the act...
however IMHO, i have not seen any such animosity towards bikers... i have been to Leh twice in last two years
in fact most of the times, i have found them helpful..
yes, some drivers are aggressive on the road but that's just human nature, nothing can be done about it...

still i would be careful next time i visit...
It would have been very interesting travelling to Leh by bike.

Atul

gladiatorgarg
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by gladiatorgarg » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:29 pm

the entire state of J&K is in bad shape hooliganism and mob mentality is everywhere...in goolmarg you have to pay locals to set foot on snow covered valeys...they will not allow you to set foot on snow untill you purchase "TICKET"...even in ladakh this vice has creeped in and don't be so confident...bikers are next target...these people has started taking tolls on roads constructed by BRO :shock: :shock: I had to thrash few to drive some sense in them...but I have an uperhand being posted here...so guys if you happen to visit Leh do lemme know its better to be safe than sorry... (y)

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:26 pm

Thanks for the heads up, guys! Was planning a trip next year. I'll be sure to contact gladiatorgarg.

As usual in India, when in trouble, call the Army!!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

gladiatorgarg
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by gladiatorgarg » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:26 am

No probs I / we are always there for our friends...just pm me before coming or you can call my no 9419234851...i will be at your service.. (y) :D

fencehen
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by fencehen » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:36 am

What happened to "Gar firdaus, ruhe zamin ast, hamin asto, hamin asto, hamin ast." I grew up with this and now hope that I never came across this thread.

I am however not surprised. Only people who have connections (political, law enforcement, military etc..) can live a dignified life where you can expect justice and security. What about the common man? Well I guess, he has the internet. Post in forums and wail and hope some national channel picks it up and somebody somewhere will do something about it.

Rrahulkumar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rrahulkumar » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:16 pm

gladiatorgarg wrote:the entire state of J&K is in bad shape hooliganism and mob mentality is everywhere...in goolmarg you have to pay locals to set foot on snow covered valeys...they will not allow you to set foot on snow untill you purchase "TICKET"...even in ladakh this vice has creeped in and don't be so confident...bikers are next target...these people has started taking tolls on roads constructed by BRO :shock: :shock: I had to thrash few to drive some sense in them...but I have an uperhand being posted here...so guys if you happen to visit Leh do lemme know its better to be safe than sorry... (y)
That's really sad to hear.. In fact, last year i had to pay INR.50/- when entering Kargil town as development tax or something.. but apart from that i haven't had any bad experience...

keeping my fingers crossed that I keep on meeting such positive people in coming years too..

i will be visiting once more next year as soon as Zoji La opens... perhaps we can catch up in case you remain posted there..

gladiatorgarg
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by gladiatorgarg » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:25 pm

when are you planning to visit...i will be here till jul 16...

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Tue May 12, 2020 10:20 am

What this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Tue May 12, 2020 12:04 pm

"leh ladakh a very scary place there you can be beaten, killed and attacked
I do not recommend visiting this place to any foreign tourists!"
All this i write in many tourist forum in Russia and abroad! in 2015 - 2016 years
Good comment on other forum "team bhp" good characterizes this situation
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.