Fishing in Hudson, New York

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
NairSaab
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Fishing in Hudson, New York

Post by NairSaab » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:00 pm

Hi All,
Last month I tried fishing in the Hudson for striped bass. Cap Shastay of nyharborfishing.com picked me up at Chelsea piers 11th Avenue and 17th St. south side in his 23' Mako boat. Three hours guaranteed fishing cost $190 per person with a minimum of 2 person for a charter. As no one else would come out in the cold weather, I had to pay $380 for the charter. Bait and tackle is provided. The season limit for keepers was 24" and I landed a fish just under that so had to release though. Did get other smaller bass too, total of about 6 fish. Was a wonderful experience :D and got a great pic with NY skyline in the background!
Cap Shastay also has guided bow / rifle hunting trip for $300. If any one is in NY and want to try you can contact him.
fishing hudson.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Fishing in Hudson, New York

Post by Hammerhead » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:11 am

You are not alone , it's ( - 15 degree )

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

durvesh.chury
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by durvesh.chury » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:45 pm

I think its a bit late ,october is great as the stripers blitz during that season,you should try surf fishing specially mountalk .It is also known as the surf fishing capital of the world

NairSaab
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by NairSaab » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:56 pm

durvesh.chury wrote:I think its a bit late ,october is great as the stripers blitz during that season,you should try surf fishing specially mountalk .It is also known as the surf fishing capital of the world
Thanks durvesh.chury will surely try that next time. Plan during June July. Know anyone who can give company? Also wanna try shark fishing.

Added in 2 minutes 37 seconds:
Hammerhead wrote:You are not alone , it's ( - 15 degree )

Enjoy :)