The maneater of Deval

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
Vishnu2017
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: The maneater of Deval

Post by Vishnu2017 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:33 am

Belated Birthday wishes Dr.Prashant sir ji,
The whole story has been narrated in a very interesting manner, am happened to repeatedly 3 times, thank you
DECIDE, COMMIT, SUCCEED (y) :D

For Advertising mail webmaster
Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:14 pm

Good narration Doctor Saab!

Regards
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:03 pm

"A day later I realised that there were not two but three leopards in the area. A cow killed and eaten 2 kms away confirmed the presence of a third leopard within an area of a few square kilometers.
Our job was to identify and trap / eliminatel the killer before it made another human kill."
Was re-reading this very interesting post once again and this bit in particular from the story drives home the sad reality of how this beautiful cat is forced to adapt to living within such a constrained space! It's going to be very difficult to mitigate man animal conflicts at this rate.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:02 am

well done Prashant, Keep up the good work! Love you bro

Baljit

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:53 am

This story , had it written in one post, would appear as if narrated by Jim Corbett.
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:01 am

eternalme wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:53 am
This story , had it written in one post, would appear as if narrated by Jim Corbett.
Brother Prashant certainly tells an exciting story here!

If any newer member reads this, I strongly recommend that they would go back to the beginning of the thread for a most interesting story. You don't even have to buy a book -- you can read it here on IFG, directly from one of our members!

How I wish Prashant would write another story and share it with us sometime. There are so few opportunities to hear a very entertaining story like this, and learn important things at the same time, to shape our views on these matters.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:31 am

Beautifully written indeed I went through the peepalpani tiger story afterwards.
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

drlizard
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by drlizard » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:54 pm

Such a wonderfully narrated story.. the scenes played out vividly in my mind as I kept reading.

Sad that a big cat had to be put down.. But then, it wasn't a normal cat which could hunt and feed itself as nature intended. Losing people to such a problematic animal can't be allowed to continue...so in the end it all makes sense. Sad, but such is life, full of ups and downs.

Thank you Prashant Ji, for doing a good deed for the village people and also keeping us glued to our screens with your enjoyable style of storytelling.

Best regards.
"Kill time before time kills you"
- Dr Ankur Baruah