Any one has any Idea what Animal is this.

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Any one has any Idea what Animal is this.

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:22 am

As I was searching different sources of informations about an animal which is Called Haoowa in Bihar, bhut bilao, but siyar in some parts of Jharkhand. Kabar bijju in MP but all information and associated Animals are not matching with each other.
While searching this particular creature caught my attention. More or less it has some features matching with that Animal. This was a Cctv footage from Muzaffarpur in Bihar.

Regards

Shivaji

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Any one has any Idea what Animal is this.

Post by Vikram » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:29 pm

Looks like a civet cat that lost its hair to me.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:11 pm

Yes Vikram. Initially I used to think that way only but after watching the video several times I thought that the face ( head structure) and over all body length is more than a common civet cat. But whatever it is one this is what you rightly said that it may lost its furr.
Rest our seniors and wildlife experts can tell better.
Regards

Shivaji

Deepraj patil1616
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Deepraj patil1616 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:15 pm

Guys it is fossa, found on island of Madagascar. Somehow someone has managed to imported it in India and due to its skin disease they abandoned him. Some time ago 3 kangaroos were also found abandoned on West Bengal highway which are non native to India. Illegal smuggling of exotic animals is increasing in India day by day.