More and more women take to hunting in the USA

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.

For Advertising mail webmaster
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: More and more women take to hunting in the USA

Post by eljefe » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:05 am

"This weekend, I was up in a deer stand and I got to watch three otter playing in a pond right next to me. I feel very lucky. Not many people get to experience wildlife so close."

Helga Cotta, 57, from South China, Maine, said: "Hunting season is like my vacation. It's so solitary, you can leave all your problems at home and just go out and watch the woods come alive around you in the morning."

Its feelings like this which the anti's dont want to see-OHMYGODYOUOWNAGUN? you must be a baby killer! :twisted:
While many of the chronicled hunting stories focus on the game in question, like the Corbett Maneaters, he does take time out to describe the jungle around him in meticulous detail.Todays hit and run artists in Indian poaching wouldnt know the way back from/ to their destination without a guide.
How many of us have come back with Gun/rod after a 'fruitless' day, yet unsatisfied?
I was taught to believe , its not the kill, but the thrill of the chase.

Mack The Knife was worried about 2 guys who had flown down from US and Delhi and didnt catch a fish:
being in those choppy waters, crash course in casting,getting my lure to land where it was supposed to go, the crocs floating a few meters away, the fun of being in the coracle with friends and after ALL that, we got a fish for dinner too!
Great ending ladies and gents-in the event we hadnt, I had packed along some MRE fish curry, so no sweat :wink:
Whether we hunt with rod or gun, we are and will remain sportsmen and the same ethics should apply in our dealings with life.
I rest my case
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: More and more women take to hunting in the USA

Post by kanwar76 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:26 am

eljefe";p="6548 wrote:"Whether we hunt with rod or gun, we are and will remain sportsmen and the same ethics should apply in our dealings with life.
Axx
Can't be said better than this..

Yesterday me and Amit were out for some fishing though we didn't catch anything but being with a friend and watching those Canada geese was rewarding enough.....

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...