IOB display at Delhi

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

IOB display at Delhi

Post by eljefe » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:36 pm

Some pics of a visit to the IOF exhibit at New Delhi. Trusty motorola phone pics, apologise for the bad spycraft :oops:
Best
Axx
Chinese gun safe

dragunov rifle with night vision scope

dragunov and INSAS in foreground, 40mm grenade launcher in middle and if you squint real hard, 26kg Denel 50 cal antimaterial rifles in background near poster

partial view of 32 IOF and .22 revolver with light stocks-both were in a rotating display wiwith plexiglass cover

INSAS variants

Rotary barrel grenade launcher

IOF version of 12 pump-NOT FOR SALE TO CIVILIANS

7.62 MAG MMG ? FN design

INSAS -a new angle?
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

For Advertising mail webmaster
mehulkamdar

Re: IOB display at Delhi

Post by mehulkamdar » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:21 pm

Asif,

Some questions and observations:

1. This expo comes at the same time as the much bigger Pakistani IDEAS Expo. I wonder whom the IOFB was trying to target for sales as most products seemed for military sales alone

2. I am apalled that the IOFB would show a Chinese safe. Seeing how much junk the Chinese sell in the USA< I really doubt it could be of any worth. ALso, Alwyn who were owned by the Andhra Pradesh State government used to make gun safes for export. I cannot understand why the IOFB decided to go the Walmart way and sell thie Chinese scrap metal

3. Were the Dragunovs made in India or were they imported? I am suspecting the latter. I am intrigued by the scopes on them as they seem to have departed from the PSO-1s which were their only weak point. I am happy that the army have abandoned the ridiculous Heckler and Koch PSG-1s

4. The revolver looks very disappointing because it seems to have been painted over and not blued or finished in any decent way. It also seems to have a cast frame which, if done properly, may not be a bad thing, but I am skeptical about how the thing may have been built because they have taken a cut all corners several times approach in finishing the things

5. The pump looks like crap. The reason they probably don't want to sell it to civilians is that they are worried about being sued. :lol: If they are going to be sold to our police, then the Naxalites would, most probably, breathe easy. Even with country bows they have little to fear from them

Thanks for taking the time to post this and I can predict that this is going to become a very popular thread,

Mehul

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Trade fair

Post by eljefe » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:23 pm

Mack The Knife/Dev-Crowd was so heavy by 11, could barely get in and heard the chinese stalls were folded up after their VIP visit-nearest was the IOFB, so popped in to rest my aching knees-crazy crowd-took a few snaps and ran out.
Axx

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:33 pm

Thanks Mehul,
as my previous post to Mack The Knife and Dev says, I got into this exhibit area by accident -whole planned trip went awry(good excuse for an ER type:)
ran out at 11am and by the time I got in , I believed India has a population of a billion -and all of them were there.
The Weapons were chained/tied and handling was not allowed.
The Dragunovs were a relatively superior finish and the havaldar handling the stall was more intrested in keeping us 'gawkers' moving...a few questions were answered very tepidly, he sure as hell didnt know or care ...
The finish on the Pump 12 from about a meter was apalling-looks like something I had churned out at home-Most of the stuff was Russky, besides the FN HP35.Lots of RPG's and 81mm Stokes Brandt.Not interested, not for this forum...
The INSAS looked squeaky clean and probably had a coat of oil applied for this exhibition.I Was around for about 22 min-then ran for it-highly disappointed that the Chinese had gone away and no chance of checking out their sporting goods-fishing rods etc.My babysitting weekend !!
Best
Axx

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:47 am

Shame you did not get to see the Chinese expo but thanks all the same.

The knife's sorted though. Inder is getting me a Byrd Cara Cara plain edge with G10 scales. The Manix was sold out. Good thing though as it costs about four times more.

Mack The Knife