Some pics from last weekends fishing trip

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Some pics from last weekends fishing trip

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:20 pm

Bops and Dhanu (red shirt) off in the coracle for an early morning spinning session.

Dhanu bringing in his rohu. His first and what a whopper!

The man and his fish. Caught about 40 minutes before Sundown.

Releasing the rohu.

Puffing away....as usual. :roll:

There are more pics (the majority of them) with other fish but it was on a camera borrowed by Dhanu, whose owner is now in hospital.

Going back this Sunday and taking a newbie (who lurks on IFG :wink: ) along.

Mack The Knife

For Advertising mail webmaster
danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:36 pm

Nice pics Mack The Knife.... keep on posting ur pics... and please tell that which one is you in this pic.

Danish

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:48 pm

The fat b@st@rd. :mrgreen:

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Some pics from last weekends fishing trip

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:28 pm

Nice pics as always Rusty.. :)

Dhanu's fishing rod looks like an ugly stick? what is the lenght of that rod?

What bait you used for Rohu?

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:37 pm

Yes, that is an Ugly Stick. Length was 7'6" if I am not mistaken.

It's a multiplier rod but we put my small Shimano Symetre 2500 on it.

Bait was..... come and find out. ;)

Mack The Knife

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:39 pm

Austin Powers beat you to it Mack The Knife, How 'bout the "Human Chimney" :wink:
What a whopper,seems like that spot is a hot favourite for oversized Rohu! 8)
The line in your spool - I think it was the same green line which was loaded onto mine when I was there with you - and I used it for the siliser rohu 2 weeks ago...load a line in Shiva and catch a fish in rajasthan! :P
Was it a bank retrieve or 'up the creek- with a paddle?'
Congrats all round for some great pics and to Dhanu.
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Satpal_S
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Satpal_S » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:00 am

I envy you Mack The Knife:

I practically live in the middle of "Fisherman's Heaven". Lots of creeks, lakes and ponds right in my backyard. See tons of fish on my evening hike everyday. The area is also a Salmon migrating route, see quite a few of those 3+ feet giants in season.

Bad part, wife has fallen under the tutelage of this "Sant-Ji Sahib" from India. Buggers don't spare us even in the States anymore.

Long story short, for the sake of "Pure Karm's" and matrimonial harmony. Fishing rods had to go.

Keep posting, I enjoy these pictures immensely.

Satpal

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:02 am

Mack The Knife

You are looking like shambho shikari :) :) :) :). I have heard that u r going to delhi and having plans to go fishin... if i get time i'll try to join u guyz..

Danish

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:44 am

Satpal_S";p="7895 wrote: I envy you Mack The Knife:

I practically live in the middle of "Fisherman's Heaven". Lots of creeks, lakes and ponds right in my backyard. See tons of fish on my evening hike everyday. The area is also a Salmon migrating route, see quite a few of those 3+ feet giants in season.

Bad part, wife has fallen under the tutelage of this "Sant-Ji Sahib" from India. Buggers don't spare us even in the States anymore.

Long story short, for the sake of "Pure Karm's" and matrimonial harmony. Fishing rods had to go.

Keep posting, I enjoy these pictures immensely.

Satpal

Hey Satpal,

Call Mr. Sant ji to a phoren trip. I am sure he won't deny this opportunity and one fine day take him out on fishing. I am sure he will be hooked for life :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: :D and won't be preaching anti-hunting/fishing anymore..

Or buy a telescopic rod. Keep that in your car boot and have fun without letting your wife know and don’t tell your wife who told you this otherwise your wife will also curse me like mummies of all those kids I spoiled in my time. :mrgreen:

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:31 am

Nice Pics,Mack The Knife, and that Rohu is a monster! :shock:

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:58 am

Rub a dub dub.
Three men in a tu.......oil drum.
Dodger, did you know that fish are averse to nicotine ?
After smoking and before handling your tackle you should wash your hands - and don`t throw your butts in the water.
Cracking fish by the way.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:13 am

Hi Asif,

There's even larger rohu at Forbes - 14 and 16.7 kg caught to date.

The line was 12 lb Berkley Trilene Big Game mono. Not quite sure what Prathap loaded your reel with. Could have been 15lb. Mustad Classic mono.

He had to tow it back to the bank - we badly need a landing net and mat at the cottage but should be getting one soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Satpal,

What a horrible situation to be in. Feel really sorry for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danish,

Asif, Abhijeet, a couple of Abhijeet's friends and I are going fishing on the 28th. You are welcome to join but would need to bring your car. Do you fish and do you know of any good fishing places a couple of hours drive from Delhi?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikram,

Dhanu must be blessed. A whopper on his very first trip to the WASI lakes and he is pretty new to angling as well. Wish Asif had caught something similar when he was here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, Grumpy, I know about the nicotine bit but so far it does not seem to have made any difference.

Mack The Knife

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:43 am

Ah, but how do you know that ? There`s you and Asif driving the fish away in their hordes......straight to the next rod.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:02 am

Mack The Knife,

Fantastic pics and congratulations to Dhanu. Wish you gentlemen could be here to hunt with us but if the cancer sticks are a problem while fishing theya re much worse while hunting.

OT but I used to smoke cigars in the days when dinosaurs roamed the earth and I gave up completely - switching to Cohibas helped. They cost too much and I was at a point, 15 years ago or so, when I simply couldn't afford them anymore. :lol: Just try them and the cost would have you give smoking up, guaranteed! WHile you smoke them, too, they would be much better in flavour than cigarettes, a nice way to ease out of the habit.

Cheers!

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:19 am

Grumpy,
You're right! Mack The Knife and I were the men in the tub about 300 yds away from Pratap, when he landed his whopper.Wonder if i should coat my ciggies with the Malay fish paste (blacang)? :8 next time?
Mack The Knife-I think it was the 12 lb-er trilene.
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."