Using Evo-10 Compact in Nationals

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Using Evo-10 Compact in Nationals

Post by partheus » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:14 pm

Hi Folks,
So, I am thinking about taking up 10 meter air pistol shooting seriously and am planning to purchase a gun. My range has a Steyr Evo-10 compact which I really like. However, everyone there is convinced the compact model is not allowed in the nationals, which they insist is for juniors only.

Aside from what I heard on the range, I cannot seem to find any other source material that can validate the claim. The ISSF pistol specification tables for 2018 (http://www.targetshooting.ca/docs/ISSF_ ... cs_rev.pdf) only mention maximum values i.e. the weight of the gun cannot be more than 1.5 kg and it should be able to fit in a box measuring 420 mm X 200 mm X 50 mm. There really isn't any mention of minimum values here so, I am a little uncertain on what to make of all this. I seem to get my best scores with a lighter, smaller pistol so, I believe it would be in my best interest. Will appreciate if an expert could chime in.

Thanks!

For Advertising mail webmaster
to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Using Evo-10 Compact in Nationals

Post by to_saptarshi » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:23 pm

"However, everyone there is convinced the compact model is not allowed in the nationals, which they insist is for juniors only."

Nope . Thats an Incorrect statement , all Steyr Pistols are very much compliant as per ISSF standards and specification. Juniors mostly used because its lightweight and less muzzle heavy which suits their strength and posture. There is no rule or reason why an adult wont be using it if he find it comfortable.

Since the length of barrel is shorter so is the overall alignment between front and rear sight which means any deviation and fluctuation magnitude will be higher than a standard length and it will be less forgiving when compare to score. Thats why you dont see this model much in senior level international matches , there are no other reason . If you find yourself comfortable , go for it , you can still clinch gold medal if your technique is correct.
Thanks and Regards,
Saptarshi

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Using Evo-10 Compact in Nationals

Post by partheus » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:54 pm

to_saptarshi wrote:"However, everyone there is convinced the compact model is not allowed in the nationals, which they insist is for juniors only."

Nope . Thats an Incorrect statement , all Steyr Pistols are very much compliant as per ISSF standards and specification. Juniors mostly used because its lightweight and less muzzle heavy which suits their strength and posture. There is no rule or reason why an adult wont be using it if he find it comfortable.

Since the length of barrel is shorter so is the overall alignment between front and rear sight which means any deviation and fluctuation magnitude will be higher than a standard length and it will be less forgiving when compare to score. Thats why you dont see this model much in senior level international matches , there are no other reason . If you find yourself comfortable , go for it , you can still clinch gold medal if your technique is correct.
Thanks, Saptarshi. I assume you are referring to horizontal spread. But won't the front-heaviness of the longer models simply result in greater vertical spreads as the increased weight begins to take its toll?