Mastershot vs. GSmith Pellets

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Christopher Rodrick
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Mastershot vs. GSmith Pellets

Post by Christopher Rodrick » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:12 am

Hi,

I have IHP 35B .22 Air rifle, I have been using united pellets from Aimco, I am not very satisfied with united. Please advise which pellets are better Gsmith or Master shot for IHP. Also where in Bangalore can I get Gsmith or master Shots pellets and what is the price in bangalore.

Do Gsmith or Master Shot make round head and flat head pellets for .22 caliber.

regards,

Chris

For Advertising mail webmaster
snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Re: MASTER SHOT PELLETS OR GSMITH PELLETS

Post by snIPer » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:20 am

Hi Chris,
Master shot are good but if you want better ones then try Gsmith - however i feel that they are a little heavier when compared to Master shot.
if you have been using pointed ones then try the round head or vice versa.

You can get them from Kovi Shop - 26588485.
Yes, both of them make round head and Wadcutters (flat heads).
/s/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:22 am

Hi Chris

I dont shoot .22. But try at least two types of .22 pellet from each brand and see what works best with your rifle in terms of accuracy grouping etc.
Just to let you know, lot of users here say foreign brand pellets have fit problems with IHP .22.

BTW nice picture

Manish
Christopher Rodrick wrote:Hi,

I have IHP 35B .22 Air rifle, I have been using united pellets from Aimco, I am not very satisfied with united. Please advise which pellets are better Gsmith or Master shot for IHP. Also where in Bangalore can I get Gsmith or master Shots pellets and what is the price in bangalore.

Do Gsmith or Master Shot make round head and flat head pellets for .22 caliber.

regards,

Chris
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

Christopher Rodrick
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Christopher Rodrick » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:27 am

Hi Sniper

Do you have any idea of the price for Gsmith and Master shot in Bangalore.

Chris

Christopher Rodrick
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Christopher Rodrick » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:30 am

Thanks Manish,

Thats me 2 years back in Agra, Just decided to drive down one weekend from delhi... was fun :D

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:09 am

To the best of my knowledge both G Smith & Mastershot make round as well as flat head pellets - though I have never seen or used the flat head Mastershots. There is another chap in Muradabad who manufactures and retails flat heads under the brand name "Tremendous", used them at the Shri Fort range once... the quality of material was better than G Smith's but the performance was still not anywhere close to imported pellets.

My experience with G Smith pellets has been far from satisfactory. I found the material used to be wayyy too soft (seemed like pure lead), they are also quite heavy. I tested them (with a chrono) in my two air-rifles last month and their shot to shot MV was widely inconsistent resulting in piss poor accuracy. There were also a lot of deformed pellets in the pack, probably due to the very soft alloy used in their manufacture.

I have not tried the top end Mastershot pellets, so cannot comment on those, but I did use their "standard" range when I was a kid. Only ever used them for casual plinking in an Indian made .22 cal air-rifle (local brand Pioneer), for which use their performance was satisfactory especially considering the price.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

uvjaanii
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by uvjaanii » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:28 am

Hi Chris

G smith and Master shot pellets are the good once manufactured and readily available in the Indian market.

G smith pellets are heavy pellets and there are very good for high power airguns like PCP. also the price compare to master shot is very high. If you are using a springer in .22 indian air rifle try to get master shot export range quality pellets. that will be very good other than the product master shot premium.
Price for Master shot export range will be around Rs.200 per 500 pellet pocket where as G smith cost around Rs 150 for 200 pcs pocket. the price is only i have stated is the price which i have done in my last purchase.
-----------------------
If I'm Prompt
I'm Dangerous

sawbones
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sawbones » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:38 pm

Hi guys

After seeing this post I had another look at the sample stock of master shots that I got recently.

First I wiould recommend master shot for an off the rack IHP rifle as they are not powerful enough to handle the gsmith weight and OD.

To me it seems that you will get the best performance out of the .22 wadcutters as they seem to be reswaged round heads and this will make a remarkable improvement of accuracy almost like passing each pellet thru a pellet resizer. Also they are lighter.

YET the final word on pellets is to try all pellets in your rifle and finde out which it likes the most, at their best all air rifles and pistols are idiosynchrotic about which pellets are accurate .

My strategy is to go to the pellet shop and buy a small pack of all the stock they have and then test them for accuracy, pick the most accurate on a bench rest ( hole in a hole at 10 meters) then recheck for flyers at 20 meters and then if satisfied with any particular type go to the shop and buy his entire stock of that type. This is done because you dont know what the next batch will turn out to be like.

Final words love is in the eyes of the beholder ( read tight group)

have fun

sawbones
The impossible just takes more time

pkjeetesh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pkjeetesh » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:44 am

I agree with Sawbones....I have two IHP.22s and they like only the mastershot wadcutters...accuracy is good too...the GSmiths in any form are heavier and fit tightly...often the skirt sticks out and gets damaged when you close the barrel..

Christopher Rodrick
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Christopher Rodrick » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:10 pm

Thanks Guys for the advise. I went ahead an bought Master Shot round head pellets goes well with IHP. Better than the United pellets I have been using. Would try out Gsmith and Gamo later after I finish my Master Shot stock.

Chris

ai

Post by ai » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:25 pm

Gamo? Amongst the imported pellets, they are the worst IMO. If you get them at around the price of Indian pellets, fine, but if at prices near what imported pellets cost, I suggest leave them aside!

Christopher Rodrick
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Christopher Rodrick » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:21 am

Thanks Ai,

No they are pretty expensive compared to the Indian Pellets. As the shop keeper asked me Rs 600 for a tin of 250 pellets.

Thanks,

Chris

pkjeetesh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pkjeetesh » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:54 am

Agree with Ai...Gamo pellets may hit a bull with no eyes...

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:13 am

Chris,

Most of the shops in Bangalore seem to have an endless supply of Gamo pellets which are the worst among the imported ones. That's the reason why they would try to push those on to you. The Gamo pellets are pretty average and are slightly better than the Indian ones. Not worth the extra money you would pay for them.

Biren
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Biren » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:11 am

Hi,

I have using GAMO Promagnum penetrator pellets for my IHP 35. Found them good. Perfect fit. One can buy from Oriental Gun CP Delhi for Rs. 300 for a tin of 250.

Cheers
Biren
Last edited by Biren on Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.