how to smoothly import .177cal air rifle - guidelines

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Re: how to smoothly import .177cal air rifle - guidelines

Post by snIPer » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:32 pm

Guys do NOT send any original documents to anyone - once sent you might as well kiss it goodbye.
If they ask for any originals refuse and instead inform them that you will send an attested or Notarized one.
/s/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

For Advertising mail webmaster
ABABUJAY
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by ABABUJAY » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:01 pm

snIPer wrote:Guys do NOT send any original documents to anyone - once sent you might as well kiss it goodbye.
If they ask for any originals refuse and instead inform them that you will send an attested or Notarized one.
/s/
DEAR SNIPER,
i ve already sent,
the guy from the ups team told me without the orginals and a notorized copy it will not b possible to clear my gun, so i dint have any other options.
but he promised me to send it back with the gun after clearence
regards
babu

pkjeetesh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pkjeetesh » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:15 pm

ABABUJAY wrote:
snIPer wrote:Guys do NOT send any original documents to anyone - once sent you might as well kiss it goodbye.
/s/
DEAR SNIPER,
i ve already sent,
the guy from the ups team told me without the orginals and a notorized copy it will not b possible to clear my gun, so i dint have any other options.
but he promised me to send it back with the gun after clearence
regards
babu
and they WILL send it back to you....good you did this...otherwise you can kiss your rifle goodbye...IF YOU DID EVERYTHING RIGHT, you will eventually get your gun...it is only a matter of time....only yesterday an Air arms S410 and a Marauder (both by UPS), both belonging to two of my friends here left by surface transport for Hyderabad....only a day before my gun was cleared, three more airguns were cleared by customs (all UPS)....CUSTOMS will take time negotiating with UPS/YOU...its their job...they have to be SURE....and Babu if you still wish to speak to customs, then you may call Mr.Kulkarni - Asst.Comm. - clearance cell , Sahar intl' airport, Mumbai at 022 22658349

regards

p k jeetesh

ABABUJAY
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by ABABUJAY » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:45 pm

HI JEETESH,
thank u very much, i will cal kulkarni either tomorw or day after,
the orginals will reach ups office on monday evening
can u tell me approximately how long it will take for my rifile to reach me, i live in chennai
verry anxious to have my disco
regards
babu

pkjeetesh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pkjeetesh » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:54 pm

ABABUJAY wrote:HI JEETESH,
thank u very much, i will cal kulkarni either tomorw or day after,
the orginals will reach ups office on monday evening
can u tell me approximately how long it will take for my rifile to reach me, i live in chennai
verry anxious to have my disco
regards
babu
UPS dispatched my rifle by GATI within an hour after airlines refused to carry it....i received it within 48hrs....so if its Chennai, then add another 24hrs...

nitin.gahlot87
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by nitin.gahlot87 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:44 pm

Hi Jeetesh,

I have bought a Smith and Wesson .177 cali air Pistol from South Africa. I m keen to bring this thing with me to India. Plz help me out and suggest me the ways.
I can easily manage to get it pass legally through my check in luggage. The thing is with the custom officers at new delhi airprot. Will they bother me anyways to check or will not allow to got thru with this airgun.
One of my friend had bought a Dissey .177 cali air gun from Dubai. And he managed to got it clear without anybody inpecting the luggage or stopping him.
Do assist me just to avoid any trouble at the new Delhi airprot.

Regards
Nitin
I am a Solidier Saint who walks in peace,
I am a humble dust of ur feet,
Bt don't think my spirituality makes me weak,
The heavens will roar if my gun were to speak.

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:42 pm

Hi Jeetesh,

All my PM to you remain in the out box. Not able to contact you. Please mail me your e mail and i will get in touch with you.
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

bagga
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by bagga » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:29 pm

hi i am bagga from punjab.plz all of u my bro. help me The problem is that i want to buy a crossman phantom 1000x cal .177 from pyramdair.com
plz tell me how i can buy (imoprt) from them. the cost of air rifle is 110$ and 150$ by corier.but i dont have any rifle club membership i am ready to pay the custom duty.tell me how can i get my rifle

pkjeetesh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pkjeetesh » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:14 am

nitin.gahlot87 wrote:Hi Jeetesh,

I have bought a Smith and Wesson .177 cali air Pistol from South Africa. I m keen to bring this thing with me to India. Plz help me out and suggest me the ways.
I can easily manage to get it pass legally through my check in luggage. The thing is with the custom officers at new delhi airprot. Will they bother me anyways to check or will not allow to got thru with this airgun.
One of my friend had bought a Dissey .177 cali air gun from Dubai. And he managed to got it clear without anybody inpecting the luggage or stopping him.

Regards
Nitin
Sorry Nitin...i have no personal experience using this route....you can go through all the posts in ''Airgun import experiences - via personal baggage route'' (see link below) ...it will help..

http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2315

regards

p k jeetesh

-- Tue Oct 27, 2009 0:20 --
bagga wrote:hi i am bagga from punjab.plz all of u my bro. help me The problem is that i want to buy a crossman phantom 1000x cal .177 from pyramdair.com
plz tell me how i can buy (imoprt) from them. the cost of air rifle is 110$ and 150$ by corier.but i dont have any rifle club membership i am ready to pay the custom duty.tell me how can i get my rifle
Bagga....you need to be registered with a rifle club in order to import a .177cal airgun...by the way try sending Sniper a PM...he is member here and i think he has a .177cal Crosman phantom for sale...

regards

p k jeetesh

vmanicks
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by vmanicks » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:55 am

pkjeetesh wrote:
nitin.gahlot87 wrote:Hi Jeetesh,

Regards
Nitin
Sorry Nitin...i have no personal experience using this route....you can go through all the posts in ''Airgun import experiences - via personal baggage route'' (see link below) ...it will help..

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic ... &t=2315</a><!-- l -->

regards

p k jeetesh<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 27, 2009 0:20 --<br /><br />
bagga wrote:hi i am bagga from punjab.plz all of u my bro. help me The problem is that i want to buy a crossman phantom 1000x cal .177 from pyramdair.com
Bagga....you need to be registered with a rifle club in order to import a .177cal airgun...by the way try sending Sniper a PM...he is member here and i think he has a .177cal Crosman phantom for sale...

regards

p k jeetesh
Hi All,

There was long delay for UPS to present the case in of Deputy Commissioner. After 2 long weeks they have taken my documents to the customs table.

They have requested me to wait till tomorrow.

Need lotta patience to deal with UPS and Customs.

Jeetesh - Can you tell me your recent experience with UPS?

How long did you wait?

Regards,
Manicks
Daystate Buckmaster (Limited Edition 70/100), Walther Dominator, Diana 350 Magnum, Weihrauch HW50, Harrington & Richardson 20 Guage

pkjeetesh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pkjeetesh » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:07 pm

Manicks...the gun reached Mumbai on September 25th...Sept26th, Sept27th,Sept28th (Sat, Sun and Dussera), Oct2nd (Gandhi Jayanthi), were all holidays.
The gun was customs cleared late evening on Sat Oct3rd....shipped by Gati on Mon Oct5th and reached me on Wed Oct7th....Junaid a member here also got his gun via UPS within a week......my experience with UPS has been good so far...

regards

p k jeetesh

vmanicks
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by vmanicks » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:39 pm

Got more updates.

Customs wants me to obtain an NOC from DGFT or get an importer license as the shippment contains pellets. The cost of pellets is not more than $40 / Rs2,000. Customs and UPS have given me a spin ride with my 1st import experience.

Please throw some light on this issue as this matter has been on the customs table over the last 2 weeks.

Has any of our IFG members taken NOC from DGFT requesting that pellets import is only for personal purpose and rifle club practise purpose.

Regards,
Manicks
Daystate Buckmaster (Limited Edition 70/100), Walther Dominator, Diana 350 Magnum, Weihrauch HW50, Harrington & Richardson 20 Guage

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:48 pm

A fellow member has filed a RTI with the DGFT about this very matter but over the last 2 months he has not had any update on the same.
Visit your local DGFT office and if not a notification at least try to get a letter from them stating that it is permitted - try your luck.
/s/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

ABABUJAY
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by ABABUJAY » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:04 pm

hi guys,
AT last i got my benjamin discovery with pump yesterday at four pm, i called ups on monday they said it got cleared. it reached chennai office yesteday by air, i went to the office, but they said it was despatched. i had to wait for another 3 hours till it reached me.
thanx to dirt e harry, jeetesh for lots of inputs, and ups.it took thirteen days(2 days to reach india and 11 days to get cleared)

i think the pack was opened by the customs for verification but the repacking was very poor. in spite of me telling dirt e harry not to pack any sample pellets, he did it with a sample pack of cross man hollow point pellet, luckily there was no issue regarding pellets
they sent my rifle club membership certificate thro courier seperately but my id card was missing in the pack so i called them again, they said they will send it back

the rifile is verry lite,very delicate, slim and short ( can shoot with one hand, and the pump is more heavier than the rifile), power full, it gives a good grouping, but still i am finding it difficult to zero my scope, i think i need slightly a shorter mount.
bluing - not bad, verry difficult to load since the loading port is verry narrow, rear sight is bit different from other rifle ( cant expect more - a pcp with a pump for 400$)
will post pics soon
regards
babu

tirths
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirths » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:09 pm

Glad you received your baby!! Congrats!