Let's see your knives - big and small.

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
Zake
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Let's see your knives - big and small.

Post by Zake » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:21 am

Open's fine one handed ! That's how I open all my folded blades !

Zake

For Advertising mail webmaster
Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:33 am

Nice blade......

amolpisal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by amolpisal » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Hello Friends,
Saw all those beautiful knives displayed by all you folks on this tread and was not able to restrict myself from contributing my part. I have this knife with me right from my childhood. I used to go to camping in my college life and this knife used to be there with me. It was there for me if I had to sharpen my pencil or even to cut chicken during night camp’s dinner or to peal a coconut, or even to make stumps from bamboo sticks for our gully cricket. When I asked my dad, about the knife, he said that even he has seen it since his childhood. I came to know that my grandpa had bought it but don’t know when.
Yesterday I cleaned it with a 320 no emery paper, and took some snaps to show you guys. Will someone tell me what kind of knife it is? I think it’s a British army knife. All that I was able to read is “Butler”, and “ 8” carved on this knife
MyKnife 001.jpg
MyKnife 002.jpg
MyKnife 003.jpg
MyKnife 004.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nature Destruction Is Self Destruction. So see that your hobbies should not be a cause of concern to Mother Nature.

choombak
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by choombak » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:17 pm

Here are my Spydies. From L to R: Endura trainer, Endura, Meerkat sprint run (with phantom lock), Cricket, Spin, and Bug (the bug is about 1 inch long closed).

-Amarendra

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:35 pm

Hello Guys..

Had been on the lookout for bayonets and came across this one.. It looks to be a russian Ak-47 bayonet but having used the M9 US army bayonet for some time, I was very dissapointed with the quality of the Ruski bayonet. Its blade seems to be stainless but without any edge whatsoever!

This one is simply not worth it!

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:06 pm

yes, that is russian «6х4» bayonet, made to be used as a stubbing device for AK74, it does not have edge from factory but you can make it and it can become very sharp knife.
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

kalashnikovcult
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by kalashnikovcult » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:46 pm

i dont know , i could be wrong but this looks more like a duplicate, it has the look of the sheath and the handle but looking at the blade, this does not seem to be the original ak - 47 bayonet.

i have come across the best of bayonets in ladakh. u can get good quality at 6-800 bucks.
cu kar az hama hilate dar guzasht
halal ast burdan ba shamshir dast.

When all other means have failed,it is righteous to draw the sword

-- Guru Gobind Singhji Maharaj

Yaj
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Yaj » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:56 pm

amolpisal wrote:Hello Friends,
Saw all those beautiful knives displayed by all you folks on this tread and was not able to restrict myself from contributing my part. I have this knife with me right from my childhood. I used to go to camping in my college life and this knife used to be there with me. It was there for me if I had to sharpen my pencil or even to cut chicken during night camp’s dinner or to peal a coconut, or even to make stumps from bamboo sticks for our gully cricket. When I asked my dad, about the knife, he said that even he has seen it since his childhood. I came to know that my grandpa had bought it but don’t know when.
Yesterday I cleaned it with a 320 no emery paper, and took some snaps to show you guys. Will someone tell me what kind of knife it is? I think it’s a British army knife. All that I was able to read is “Butler”, and “ 8” carved on this knife
Interesting knife Amol.Can you post a close up of the markings. There was a Sheffield cutlery outfit called George Butler and co(1899..1924)
Regards,
Yaj.
The more people I meet,the more i like my dog!

amolpisal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by amolpisal » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:42 pm

Yaj wrote:
amolpisal wrote:Hello Friends,
Interesting knife Amol.Can you post a close up of the markings. There was a Sheffield cutlery outfit called George Butler and co(1899..1924)
Regards,
Yaj.
Hello Yaj,
This is a snap for you... Even I think its George Butler made knife. Hope you can help me find its year of manufacture. The steel of the blade is of very good quality and the knife is very very sharp.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nature Destruction Is Self Destruction. So see that your hobbies should not be a cause of concern to Mother Nature.

Yaj
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Yaj » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:02 pm

Amol, there are no other marks other than the Butler visible. But I think it is a G &J butler knife so that should place its date of manufacture between 1899-1924 since that was the period of existence of the company.
What is more important is that you are the third generation of your family to use it, cherish it and pass it on to your kids.
Regards,
Yaj.
The more people I meet,the more i like my dog!

biking3819
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by biking3819 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:03 am

amolpisal wrote:
Hello Yaj,
This is a snap for you... Even I think its George Butler made knife. Hope you can help me find its year of manufacture. The steel of the blade is of very good quality and the knife is very very sharp.
Hi Amol,
its a sailor's knife.I can see it has a spike as well.
regards sanjiv

Bantu Bana
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Bantu Bana » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:33 pm

Here are my knives,,,,,,,Bantu

Zake
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Zake » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:02 am

Are those Damascus ? WOW !! You are one lucky guy !! How much did they cost by the way ?

Zake

amolpisal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by amolpisal » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:20 am

biking3819 wrote:
amolpisal wrote:
Hello Yaj,
Hi Amol,
its a sailor's knife.I can see it has a spike as well.
regards sanjiv

Hello biking3819,
Hey that’s an interesting news....
Guys, initially the knife was just a knife for me….. a work horse
But now that I have started knowing its worth and value (Thanks to IFG), my knife is now a prized possession … And Yaj.. I will do pass on this knife to our next generation…
Thanks
Amol

Bantu Bana
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Bantu Bana » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:45 pm

Hi Zake, i made myself these knives and gold-silver work is also done by me only,,,,,Bantu/Sandeep